Friday, July 10, 2009

More Miracles Are on the Way

I am bursting to overflowing tonight from the things I see God doing in my life and the lives of those around me - Mary Spence going home after having a brain aneurysm burst around Thanksgiving and being in a coma for months, then waking up and now able to speak some and can mouth scripture even if she can't speak the words. How awesome is our God???

Tonight, I was on the phone with my sister for about an hour. She was telling me about Swayde and how she loves the summer school that he's in. It's a Christian school and he is just excelling and loving the work. He's made friends and is learning about God. The other night, he and Penny were laying across her bed watching "The Cleaner" and Swayde was commenting how he knew people that the guy could help here and wondering if they could call him to help these people get off drugs and alcohol. When it was over, Penny told him he needed to go to bed. He started out the door and said "Wait, I've got to say my prayers." (Swayde has never been to church before and he only knew Jesus as "The Heaven Man.") So, Penny gets off the bed and starts to kneel down by the bed. Swayde says "No, I have to stand by the window so God will see me." Penny explained that God saw him no matter where he was. He insisted on standing by the window. Penny said the only prayer she could think of was "Now I lay me down to sleep...God bless Mama and Daddy...." Somewhere in the prayer, Swayde said "and forgive me of my sins." Then, he turned to Penny and said "What's sin?" So Penny began to explain to him that sin was hurting someone, being mean to someone, cheating, stealing, lying, etc. Swayde wanted to know what cheating was. She explained that cheating was when you copied somebody's paper while taking a test, or you cheated while playing a game. Swayde yelled "Stop!" and jumped up and ran to the window and said "Dear God, please forgive me for cheating on that game I played today. Amen." At that point, I totally lost it. I was laughing and crying at the same time. It still cracks me up while typing this.

Then he asked her if she would buy him a Bible. She said she would get him one and they would read it every night. That's when the tears really started to flow. I have prayed for years for Penny to come back to the Lord. Now, God is using Swayde to bring her back. I am so thankful to God right now. I've prayed for 41 years for my entire family to be saved and they are beginning to come in one-by-one. Thank You, Jesus!

No comments: