
I'm playing along with Michelle by uploading the 6th picture of the 6th photo file on my computer. If I can get the image uploaded. Having a bit of a problem connecting right now. I did go take a look at the photo, so I'd know what to write about. The 6th picture in my 6th file just happens to be a photo of flowers that my husband gave me for our 37th wedding anniversary on December 11, 2007. I had even added a verse of scripture to the picture, so that's pretty cool.
Before we got married, Vance told me to never expect flowers or jewelry, because he just wasn't that kinda guy. So, I never did. Well, he's surprised me time and time again with flowers, usually "Just Because." And, he's right - don't expect them for Valentine's Day, birthdays, anniversaries - cause you may not get them. But, then again, you just might! He may even forget to give anything on those days. But, out of the clear blue, he walks in with a bouquet of flowers. How special is that!
Now, he was right about the jewelry. Oh, he's bought me jewelry before, but it was usually something really cheap. Except, for our 25th anniversary. That year, he splurged and bought me a diamond anniversary ring. And, he was so excited that he couldn't wait until our anniversary. He had to give it to me two days before! That year, he also sent me a big bouquet of flowers to work. Since then, he has bought me a few good pieces of jewelry, but I don't ever expect any. And, I'm not one that goes for all the diamonds and glitz anyway. I would never trade my 1/4 carat diamond engagement ring in for a bigger one. This ring means way too much to me. It's all Vance could afford when we got married and it means more to me than a huge diamond ring. I look at this ring and I see love and commitment. A bigger ring would just not mean that much to me. I have a much bigger diamond ring that my mother gave me and I don't ever wear it. It makes me uncomfortable. I don't want people to look at me and think that's all I'm about. So superficial. I would rather give money to help others than load myself down with diamonds and jewels.
Hope you like the picture.

2 comments:
Thanks for playing! Wasn't that fun? ; )
Yes, it was. Except I wasn't sure which picture to use since I have pictures in all sorts of different places in my computer. I liked this one better than the bee hive one.
Post a Comment