Saturday, June 24, 2006

Friday at Last!

Gallivanting Photographer
Wow! Have I had a busy week! CPR/AED class on Monday. Got deathly sick around 1:00am Tuesday morning. Guess I got a virus - violently vomiting until 8:00am - almost every hour. Even when I have the aura migraines, it doesn't get that bad. Ran fever later in the day of 102 degrees - that's real high for me. My norm is 96.8. Stayed on the couch and slept most of the day. Only had energy enough to drink one bottle of water. Wednesday, I was totally wiped out and hurting all over from the vomiting. The couch is becoming my best friend. Finally got enough energy to get up around 4:00pm. Didn't get much sleep. Had too many calls from friends and family checking to make sure I was going to live. Yep, live I did! My friend, Olga, came by around 5:30 and dropped off some VEMMA samples so I could go ahead and get started before my shipment comes in. Can't wait to give it a try in the morning. If it will just get rid of my acid reflux, it will be worth the $69.00 I paid. My sweet husband, Vance, cooked me a good supper because I hadn't eaten much in two days. He's so good to me. Love that man!!!
Talked to Rose and Mac (in-laws). Mac has had another scan and he is still cancer free. Praise the Lord! I had sent him some info on VEMMA and he wants to buy some.
My legs are bad, especially the right one. Accidently rubbed one of the blisters. Yowser! That smarts! Praying that it doesn't get infected. The only time I've ever had blood poisoning was from a burn.
My aunt Rose tried to fax me a copy of my grandmother's will to my computer, but I couldn't get it to work. Don't know what I'm doing wrong. Had Dave fax it to Chip's and sent Vance over to pick up a copy. At least Daddy is one of the five who will split everything.
Got up Thursday morning and ate some oatmeal so I could take my VEMMA. I was still real nauseated and weak, but decided to push myself and get back to work. Within two hours, I had energy and was feeling pretty good. Noticed at lunch time that I hadn't eaten a Rolaids yet - very unusual. I went all day long until I was heading to my dad's to discuss my grandmother's will with him. Might have been stress. Wasn't sure how he was going to react.
Chip met me over there and I think we convinced Daddy to stop his shenanigins, accept what is offered, buy him a trailer and be done with it. At least, I hope we did. There were a lot of people praying for us during that talk.
Went to bed around 10:30 and slept through the night. I believe VEMMA is a work again. I never sleep through the night. I usually can't even go to sleep until around midnight, then I'm up at 3:00.
Today was a fun day at work. I took the Smith Driving Course. We were out on the road driving all day. When it was my turn to drive the second time (being tested and scored), I had five cars pull out in front of me on Hwy 77 - not all at the same time, but within the 10 minutes I was at the wheel. The instructor said he had never even heard of that happening to anybody else, but he said I handled myself very well. I ended up with an Excellent rating. Woo! Hoo! Who says women are terrible drivers!??
Only had to take two Rolaids today. That is super. That's way down from 5-6 a day. Also, had plenty of energy and I can see my appetite is not as bad. I'm also thinking about what I eat, not just eating for the sake of it. Come to think of it, I haven't had any junk food all day. Wow! That's definitely a switch!
It's 10:30 and I'm heading for bed. Have a blessed weekend everybody.

No comments: