Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Gallivanting Photographer

Gallivanting PhotographerWow! What a busy weekend I had! Saturday morning I got up and tried several times to take a shower. For some reason, I was a very popular person. Every time I'd head for the shower, the phone would ring. I was trying to get out of the house to a nice location to take my second Synchronicity photograph. Photographers all over the world were supposed to take a picture at the same exact time. My time was 11:00am. After talking to my mom, I checked my watch and just threw on some clothes and headed out the door with my camera. I only made it to the end of the road and got a shot of the gate with mimosa overhang. That was my Synchronicity shot. (Hey, it's better than my first one which just happened to be Eeyore on the front of my shirt. At least, it was a clever shot.) Anyway, I turned left, stopped and took a picture of the spillway where my two sons used to fish, then turned right and took another picture. I continued on through the neighborhood and found this pelican mailbox. I've got to go back and get a better picture of it. It's just too cute! Came back home and finally got my shower.
Had to go to Target to buy a birthday present for my great-nephew's first birthday. I took Trent and Hope with me. Tabitha had to work and Chad is too much like his dad - they do not enjoy crowds, even if it is family. Thanksgiving and Christmas is about all you're going to get out of them, and Vance has been known to even skip those.
Jodi had one of those bouncy thingys in the backyard for the kids. Trent was literally bouncing off the walls. He had a great time. Right before the party, we had a storm and I thought the party might be ruined, but God was gracious and the sun came out for the party. A good time was had by all, especially the birthday boy.
Gave Mac some VEMMA. Just wanted to bless him. I pray that it helps with the pain in his hip. The doctor told him he wouldn't be able to have the surgery cause if they take him off the pills for 2 days, his cancer will be back. I believe God is going to heal him totally and the cancer will never come back.
Sunday was church. Great service. Pastor Sammy preached on your treasure - where your treasure is there your heart is also... Kim invited me to lunch, so I met her at Western Steer. We had a good time of fellowship and ate some good food. I even had some ice cream for dessert. I usually don't do desserts, but that butter pecan was calling my name. After church, I stopped by Chip and Angie's to pick up some burn salve and gauze. Angie gave me the stuff they used on Corey when he got burned. My right leg looks really bad. She told me I had to scrub first with a white washrag and Dial soap. I thought that would be extremely painful, but it actually felt pretty good. (Maybe the nerves are damaged and I can't feel the real pain.) She said the salve would sting like crazy. I kept waiting, but no sting. Don't know if that's bad or good. Wrapped my legs and went to bed.
Monday - started out with me being late because I had to redo my legs. That takes a while and I hadn't compensated for the extra time. The Warehouse boss and a rep from HR was here to talk to the three of us in the Warehouse. One of my co-workers is no longer employed as of today. Just made me sick to my stomach. Couldn't eat lunch. Speaking of lunch, I went to Wal-Mart to get more bandages and ran into one of the kids I used to drive around to church youth functions in my old '83 Dodge van. Nathan is now a pharmacist for Wal-Mart. He recognized me right off and helped me get the things I needed for my burns. He said to tell Vance hello, so Vance if you're reading this "Hello" from Nathan. It was after lunch that the ax fell. That just ruined the rest of the day for the rest of us. I'm just sick about the whole thing. We are not actually sure what he was let go for.
Still singing praises for VEMMA. I'm down to still 1 Rolaids a day and I'm sleeping!!! That's truly a miracle.
Got home and planted some flowers in my front yard. My neighbor, Carolyn, brought me some kalanchoes and rosemary to plant. I planted them - got ate up by skeeters and was sweating like crazy. I'm just not used to physical labor. Got my bandages all dirty, so came in and took a bath and cleaned my wounds. Guess I'm going to have to go to the doctor tomorrow. They really don't look good. There's one spot that looks like it's burned down close to the bone. Just thought I could take care of it myself, but I guess I'm gonna have to give in and go see a professional. I probably need antibiotics for infection.
Well, it's 10:30 and I'm sleepy. I'm heading for bed. Good night and God Bless!!!

4 comments:

Sir Vance-a-lot said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sir Vance-a-lot said...

Yep, you definitely need to see the Dr. if you think it might get infected. That's the last thing you need!

michellenotdawn said...

Mom, you need to take care of you, and not just everyone else...I hope your next post tells us about your dr. visit!

sharon b said...

I'm Sandy's Mom... Yep agree with Michelle and Vance.. Get ye to the doctor... I know we as Mom's take care of everyone else, but sometimes we need to take care of ourselves.. What is VAMMA