Things were pretty slow today. Still no ARMS jobs. All the Servicemen were working, so the Linemen didn't have to do service work. That was okay with me, cause I had a lot of timesheets to catch up on.
Went at lunch to Sam's and ordered new glasses. Going to try the progressive lenses and see how that works. Sometimes, I just don't want to wear my contacts, but I have a hard time working at the computer with glasses that just have the far off lenses in them. Going with bifocals this time so I don't have to take them off to read. We'll see how it goes. The girl did tell me if I don't like the lenses, they will change them out and refund my money. Can't beat that. It will be about two weeks before they come in. I hope I get my new contacts by Friday, cause my left one is giving me a fit.
Swung by McDonald's and picked up a quarter pounder. Have not had one of those in ages. I usually stick with chicken at lunch, but I just wanted McDonald's today - especially french fries. And they did not disappoint me. They are the best! Can't do this every day, but once in a while, it's good. Tomorrow, I need to get back to my salads. I went three weeks with hardly any meat and only ate veggies and fruit, some dried beans over brown rice and would you believe, I gained (yes, gained) six pounds! My metabolism must be down to zero. Bummer!
Olga called me yesterday and told me about her little shocker. She was sitting in her living room, talking on the phone with her son when all of a sudden her front door is busted in. Scared her half to death. It was firemen! Now, they did not even knock, they just busted in. And, you guessed it - they were at the wrong house. Tore up her door. She had to sit there all day cause it wouldn't close. Her husband came home from work and patched it enough for the deadbolt to hold it until they could get a new door today. Of course, the City of Lynn Haven will be paying for it. Can you imagine?
Ran by the Vitamin Shoppe after work to get a few things. First time I've been in there. I needed some stevia so I could start drinking tea again. I refuse to use artificial sweeteners. Found out today that Splenda is made from cholorine, not sugar at all like they advertise. I believe the website is www.thetruthaboutsplenda.com . Stevia is totally natural and I've used it before and like it. I've been out for a long time and The Herb Shop that I used to go to has closed. A couple of good books to check out are by Kevin Trudeau - "Natural Cures They Don't Want You to Know About" and "More Natural Cures Revealed". He said something in the second chapter of the second book that made my blood run cold. He told about being approached to join a secret society that promised to give him access to the secrets of lifelong incredible health, and allow him to make tens of millions of dollars...... There was more that he said and I knew right then that he has been telling the truth. About 6-8 months ago, I received a letter asking me to join a secret society and he quoted word-for-word what that letter said. I read the letter and immediately tore it up. It seemed pure satanic to me. A lot of people would have jumped at the chance to join, especially with the promise of making tens of millions of dollars. But I knew that God doesn't want us joining any type of secret society. I didn't even want that letter in my house. Now, I wonder why it was sent to me. You could get a little paranoid thinking about it. Maybe, God allowed me to get that letter so that I would know that what Kevin says is true. I've always believed natural cures are better than chemicals. God's creations have to be better than man's creations, don't you think?
Hoping to be able to go back to the beach this weekend and take more pictures. I've got to find out when the Seafood Festival is. Aaron Tippin will be there. I'd love to see him again. He puts on a great show. I know Vance won't go, so I'm going to try to get a bunch of girls together to go.
If you want to see some great pictures from Iraq that you won't see on the news, check out this website: www.artsphotoart.blogspot.com . This is a guy that I've seen his work on www.photographica.org . He's stationed over there guarding the palaces of Saddam. Every time I see the beauty of his (Saddam) palaces, I just want to strangle him with my bare hands. To think, he lives in such splendor and his people are starving or he killed them. I hope he never sets foot in them again.
Well, it's time for some shut eye. Got that early safety meeting in the morning. Hope I don't forget. :o) Good night and God bless....................
Wednesday, October 04, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment