Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Back up and running




Have not posted in awhile because I was having trouble with the new Beta upgrade. Just got fed up and quit blogging.




So much has happened since my last blog. Fox Carson Rutherford was born on his Mama's birthday, October 11th. He weighed 7 lbs. 9.5 oz. and was 20 1/2 inches long. And, he's such a beautiful baby. I was able to be in Tallahassee for the blessed event, along with Pam (Michelle's mother) and Shannon (her sister). Mike (her dad) was at Vance and Michelle's taking care of Dylan (her nephew). I was glad I could be there and get to hold him right after his birth. But, I turned around and came home the same day and haven't been able to go back, so I haven't seen him and held him lately. If you want to take a look at our good-looking little man, check out Michelle's blog www.michellenotdawn.blogspot.com/ and there will be a link to Vance's photo albums. I would like to set the record straight - the picture they used to announce his birth (the one above) was actually taken by Shannon while I was holding him. I don't want to take credit for something I didn't do. I took most of the other ones, but not that particular one. I hope to be able to go visit on November 11th and take my sister, Penny, and daughter-in-law, Tabitha, with me. My husband really doesn't like me traveling alone anymore. I don't mind at all, but he worries about me. You gotta love him for that! His legs bother him if he sits for long lengths of time, so he's not much for traveling these days.




Saturday was a fun day for me. Tabitha called a little after 7:00am and asked if I wanted to go shopping with her. It was Trent's birthday and we needed to get him some presents. We were at Wal-Mart by 8:00. Found him some shirts. Went to Chick-Fil-A for breakfast while we waited for the other stores to open. Were looking for Wheelies (shoes with wheels in the heel). Ended up at the mall. I never go to the mall. There were some new stores open that I had never seen. Found him a pair of Wheelies. Went by my mother's and picked up some drapes she had for my living room. I got some new furniture (at least new to us) a couple of weeks ago and need to change out my window treatments.


Tabitha dropped me off at the house and we met up again at 1:30 at the Oaks by the Bay in St. Andrews to take pictures. A friend of theirs was getting married and everybody was supposed to dress in some type of costume. Chad, Tabitha, Trent and Hope got pirate outfits. I took about 100 pictures of them and some of them are priceless. It's hard to get a picture of Hope. She just won't be still long enough, but I got some good ones. I'm going to try to figure out how to do the Picasa Albums and will post a link when I get them uploaded. Here's a picture of Hope and Trent.




I've got to fly to Atlanta next week for testing of a new timekeeping program for work. I was on the original development team about 15 years ago and was asked to go test this new system out. It's really an honor to be chosen. I've got to go shopping between now and then to get a couple of dressy pant suits to wear. I normally wear jeans and Gulf Power shirts to work in, but going to the Southern Company Corporate office is a little more dressy. I guess I will check out Ross and see if I can find something pretty cheap. I've also got to call the airport and see what I can pack. I hope I can carry my camera. I hardly ever go anywhere without my camera.




Well, I've got to get some more pictures printed out for Chad and Tabitha of Saturday's shoot, so I will close for now. Good night and God bless.....

No comments: