Thursday, December 28, 2006

Christmas is Over

It's hard to believe that Christmas has once again come and gone. All the hustle and bustle is over for another year. We had a great Christmas. All the family was here.

On Saturday, the 23rd, Tabitha and Trent came over to help me clean house. Trent vaccumed for me and did a great job. I think I'll hire him! Tabitha worked on the kitchen while I cleaned the bathroom and mopped the floor.

Vance, Michelle and Fox came over. Fox has grown and still is as cute as can be. And I'm not just saying that because he's my grandson. He really is adorable. If you don't believe me, check out his pictures at http://picasaweb.google.com/vance.rutherford Vance and Michelle cooked the mini stuffed pizzas while I took a shower. Around 4:00, we headed over to Skip and Brenda's to get together with Vance's family. We had a houseful. Good food (Trent said the blessing over the food), good fellowship and so much enjoyment watching the little ones open their gifts. Mac told us about his latest tests that show he is cancer free. We are so thankful to our Lord for healing him. He was able to stop radiation treatments early. What a blessing. God is so good!

On Sunday, I got up early and made potato salad. Vance had the turkey smoking overnight and the beans in the crockpot. Didn't make it to church because we were getting together at Chip's at 11:00 to eat. I agonized all night about what to do about my daddy. I carried him to Chip's last year and my mother had a fit and told me not to ever do it again; or at least let her know and she wouldn't be there. Well, Vance and I talked and we both agreed that he should be there. At 8:00, I called him. He said he didn't have time to get ready and he really didn't feel like going. I got off the phone crying because I should have called him yesterday. But, I didn't even think about it during the day cause of all that was going on. I felt it was my fault for not giving him enough notice. It really made me feel bad.

We went over to Chip's and had a good time. Of course, there was plenty of good food. I did real good and didn't overdo it, even though I wanted to go back for seconds. But, I made myself just get up and walk away from the table. We have a new crop of little ones, so it makes Christmas extra special. It's so much fun watching the kids open their presents. Vance and Michelle had to leave around 12:30 to get back to Tallahassee for their evening church services. I hated to see them go, but I understand. Vance is the Praise & Worship leader, so he had a lot of work to do.

Christmas Day, Vance and I just sat around the house and read books. He had given me a pair of satin pajamas and a robe for Christmas. The robe is soooo soft. I just love the feel of it. I lazed around in my pj's and robe until about 1:00, then changed and took my dad his present. As I started to go to his house, my car started acting up and I had to turn around and go back to the house and get Vance's truck. Don't know what's wrong with the car. It's done it before - it just won't go when you give it gas. Daddy loved his gift and told me that he just couldn't go and be around a crowd of people for two or three hours. He's used to be alone in his trailer and it's quiet except for the TV. He said his nerves just couldn't take it. I don't know if he was saying that to make me feel better or if it's the truth. He said he loved his kids and grandkids and everybody, but it makes him nervous. I stayed with him a couple of hours and came back home. Penny called and we talked about an hour. She was at home, too. It just doesn't feel like Christmas Day when you are staying at home. We're used to being all together on Christmas Day. I called and wished Mama a Happy Birthday. It's her 76th birthday.

After Vance went to bed, I decided to download the pictures from my cameras. I was sitting at my computer at 12:30 when I started getting dizzy. I went into the bathroom and started throwing up. Yep, another one of those spells. Had to lay down on the floor. Around 2:00, I started shaking uncontrollably. I was so cold. I got a towel and wrapped up in it, but that didn't really help. I was still throwing up every time I opened my eyes. By this time, I didn't have much left in my stomach to get rid of. It is such violent vomiting. Around 3:30, I got able to stand up and walk a little, so I went in the living room and got an afghan and pillow from the couch and my new robe. I put the robe on and laid down on the afghan and pillow after throwing up again. I finally stopped being dizzy around 5:00 and was able to move to the couch. I was off, so that was good. Vance had to go to work, but I stayed on the couch all day. I was so weak. I began to get hungry around noon, so I ate some grits. Daddy called and needed me to go to the grocery store, but I told him I couldn't cause I had had one of those attacks. I promised I would go the next day. Vance came home and he went to Captain D's and got us something to eat. The grilled salmon for me. No way was I going to try to eat fried fish!

Today, the 27th, I'm feeling a little better. Still pretty weak, but regaining my strength as the day progressed. Took the ornaments off my tree and put them away. Got dressed and waited for Vance to come home so I could use his truck to go to the grocery store for Daddy. Vance was taking my car to Wayne's shop to see if he could fix it. I got home from Daddy's and Vance said there was nothing wrong with my car. It didn't mess up, so they couldn't find out what was wrong with it. Just my luck! Now, I can't trust it. I've got to go back to work tomorrow, so I will have to drive it. I just pray that it doesn't mess up on me again. I've got a lot to do. My friend,Karen, called from Dothan and she told me to check out Calhoun's Carpets and they would beat the price of the laminate we are putting down in the house. She did her entire house (1600 sq. ft.) for $1500. It was going to cost between $1500 and $1800 just to do our living room. You can bet I'll be going to Calhoun's at lunch tomorrow. They may not have the exact pattern I picked out, but I'm sure they will have something that I like. I will probably buy enough to do the whole house. We can work on one room at a time over the next year. She said she and her brother did her whole house.

Well, it's getting late. I've already tried to go to bed once and couldn't sleep. I hope I can fall asleep now. Good night and God bless...............

No comments: