Saturday, December 23, 2006

Scatterbrained

Have you ever had one of those days? You know, when you can't seem to do anything right? Well, yesterday was one of those days for me.

I went to work as usual, but decided that I would take off at 11:00 and not go back until next Thursday. Next week is timesheet week, so I really need to be there to get my timesheets done.
I've been sick ever since I went shopping in those stores looking for ornaments and came in contact with all the potpourri and smelly candles. Now, I can take all that in moderation, but when you are bombarded with all those smells, it really attacks my sinuses. So, I got the sneezing, stuffy, achy head, coughing, no fever symptoms. It wore me out! I'm so much better now, thank the Lord. He always sees me through. Anyway, back to my story of why I took off. I needed to go shopping! I haven't done my Christmas shopping yet.

Daddy and I went to PoFolks for lunch since we didn't have to rush through our meal. It always takes longer at PoFolks. I went to the store for him and dropped him back off at home. One of the Engineers I work with told me that the new Target Super Store on the beach wasn't very busy because a lot of people don't even know it's open yet. It's way out on Back Beach Road almost to Hwy 79. But, I decided I was going shopping there. I'm so tired of all the traffic and crowds around town. You get in the parking lot, go shopping and then spend 45 minutes just trying to get out of the parking lot. I didn't want to do that. On the way to Target, I decided to stop at K-Mart on the beach. Got some good deals there and headed to Target. Wow! It's a huge store. It is at least as large, or possibly larger, as the one in Tallahassee. And this one also has a Starbucks in it. I did my shopping and checked out with a buggy load. As I made my way to the car, which was parked right up near the store, I realized I didn't have my keys. Now, I had been talking to myself at K-Mart to remember to get the keys cause Vance wouldn't want to drive all the way out to the beach to open my car door. Well, guess what?! My keys were laying on the armrest and I had to call him anyway. He didn't even know where Target was. I told him it was close to Hwy 79, so he said he'd come the back way from home. Go Hwy 77 to Hwy 389 to Hwy 79 in West Bay, then turn onto Back Beach Road. So, I pushed my buggy back into the store and headed for Starbucks. Got a Peppermint Mocha and sat down to wait. About 45 minutes later, Vance calls and says he's turning onto Back Beach Road. I walk out to the front of the store where he can see me. He is such a sweetheart. He never said how stupid I was. When I called, he just said "You do it all the time." Yeah, that's me. I get so scatterbrained, I lock my keys in the car and have to call somebody. Usually him. Last time, I couldn't get in touch with him, so I called a guy at work who called a locksmith that he does a lot of business with and they opened my car for free. I have their number listed in my cellphone just in case I can't get Vance. Anyway, Vance opened my door for me (he wouldn't trust the extra keys with me), kissed me and told me he was going to get a haircut. I had to stop for gas before I headed home. He was right about there not being any traffic. I got home in no time. Only saw a few cars on the road. It took me a lot less time to get home than it did to get to Target from town. I may be going there again since I know a back way. The only thing Vance said was that I needed to get a spare door key made and keep it in my purse. Yep, that's on the agenda for today.

Today is going to be a busy one. I've got a couple of more presents to buy, have to go by the Credit Union and get some cash, drop off pictures to have made for Christmas cards (yeah, I'm late as usual), color my hair (maybe I'll do that first thing in the morning), go to the grocery store, have a spare key made (think I'll go to the new Ace Hardware store and check it out). I'm sure I've forgotten something, but hopefully, I'll remember before the day is over. I've still got presents to wrap, the house to clean...... I'll never get it all done!!!

I'll let you know how it goes. Have a Blessed Christmas!

No comments: