Sunday, December 10, 2006

Saturday Shopping Madness

It was cold again this morning, but Vance went to play golf anyway. I did a little decorating on the tree. This tree is not like my usual trees. There are no homemade ornaments, no flowers stuck between the limbs... All the ornaments are brand new and very small because the tree is small and I'm afraid anything bigger will break the limbs.

Penny called and we decided to go shopping together. We went to Chili's first to eat, since it was already 12:30. We chose Chili's cause Tiffaney was working there. We had to wait for a table and we didn't get to sit in her section, but she came over and talked to us several times while we were there. I had the Southwestern Eggrolls. I really like them. Swayde saw the Molten Chocolate dessert and asked for it, so we got one to share. Shouldn't have done that! We were already full and that just pushed us over the top. We were miserable!!

We went to Boaters World to buy a present for Penny's boyfriend, then to Target. She needed makeup and I wanted to buy a couple of toboggens for Trent. I noticed he didn't have any when I took him to school the other day. That's all I got. I'm just not in the mood to shop and I have no idea what to get anybody.

Came home and Vance got home right after me. He said he got really cold out there the first couple of hours. I mentioned that Penny thought she saw some very tiny Christmas lights at Home Depot and he told me to go get some. I went and found some, then stopped by Dollar General and bought some more ornaments, but forgot to buy ornament hooks. Looked through my old ornaments, but most of the ones in there were rusty. I guess I'll have to buy hooks tomorrow. I put the lights on the tree and they look good. It finally looks like a Christmas tree. I put all the big glass ornaments in a bowl with lights in it and in a cake dome turned upside down to load and then flipped. Looks pretty festive. Like I said before, it's not my usual decorating.

Vance wasn't feeling good, so I cooked grits and eggs and he went to bed. I think he got too cold today. I watched a couple more Christmas movies. I really like the Christmas movies this year.

Guess I better stop now and go to bed.

Good night and God bless...................

No comments: