Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Had a Very Busy Day again today....

Woke up to a very cool day. I was worried that I would burn up today in my FR (flame retardant) clothes that I have to wear when I'm around the crews. Long sleeves, heavy jeans, steel-toed boots (actually, they are steel-toed sneakers). But, the temperature was in the 60's. Went to work and sat through a very boring safety meeting, then waited for my boss to take care of a few things before we went out to check on the crews. Well, that never happened. He had been off three days last week and had to catch up on his work. Didn't bother me. I asked to have the afternoon off. Ate my lunch and left at 12:30.

Came home and got busy moving living room furniture from one side of the room to the other, so I could sweep and mop. Could only do a little at the time. The stuff I was using to mop with was strong and I had to come in the computer room and sit down in front of the open window to get some air. It took all afternoon, but I got it done! I even re-arranged the furniture, which has never been done before. At least, the couch has never moved from it's spot since the day we moved in. I moved it under the front window and moved my chair in it's place. The chair is more comfortable to sit in and watch TV, but the couch is more comfortable to sleep on. I just won't be able to watch TV when I'm sick and laying on the couch. What we really need is a TV on a swivel - like you see in hospital rooms. :) My next project is cleaning the furniture. The couch and chair need cleaning really bad. And Vance needs a recliner. His is broke and he has to prop it against the wall. I tried to buy him one several months ago when we had our income tax money, but he wouldn't let me spend $300 on a new one. He told me tonight that I needed to start looking at used furniture stores. I guess that's what I will do Saturday.

Now, it's time for me to go to bed. Goodnight and God bless..........

No comments: