Wow! It sure was hot today. I praise God everyday that I work inside where I don't have to sweat. In fact, I'm always having to turn the A/C up because the guys come in and out of the hot weather, so they have it turned to 68 degrees. I get so cold, I reach up and flip it to 75. I leave the office and back down it goes. We play this game all day during the summer. Now, when I was going through menopause, I didn't change it, except in the winter. I'd turn on the A/C when they wanted the heat. Maybe they are getting back at me???
I've been having some issues the past couple of weeks with vertigo. Last week, I missed church and two days of work. No, it's not Meniere's raising it's ugly head. God healed me of that and I'm not taking it back. This is a classic case of vertigo. I know because if I lay on my right side, the whole room spins. I can turn over to the left side and it stops. I also can't tilt my head back to look up. I'll fall down if I don't have anything to hang on to. This morning, I woke up dizzy again. After spending the day yesterday sneezing, my sinuses were messed up. I called my boss, took some Musinex, laid back in the chair (been sleeping sitting up for most of the past two weeks) and went back to sleep. Woke up around 9:30 and was fine. Fixed something to eat and then took a shower and went to work. Felt great the rest of the day. I worked till 5:30, then went to Wal-Mart to pick up a couple of things for Daddy. Spent about an hour visiting with him.
There have been some awesome things happening the past few weeks that I'd like to share with you. Because of Vance and Michelle, I got hooked on Facebook. I have had a blast reconnecting with girls that I went to elementary and middle school with. Some of these girls (now grandmothers), I haven't seen in 40 years. Most of them have moved away from here and we got to talking about places from our past. So, with camera in hand, I headed out to photograph those places. I go most of the time at lunch with my little Canon Power Shot A1000IS. This is what I call my "drive-by shootings". You have to be safe when you do these shootings. You certainly don't want to hurt anybody, or yourself for that matter. I always make sure there are no vehicles behind me so I can slow down as I go by the site that I am shooting. I wrap the strap around my left hand, put my finger on the button, eyes on the road, right hand on the steering wheel and shoot. It's been so amazing how great the pictures have turned out. Most are perfectly centered and straight. Some are a little crooked, but that adds to the charm. I post them on Facebook and the girls love to see the old places and how they have changed. It makes them feel like they have visited home again. A few shots are taken with the car fully stopped, but the best ones are the drive-bys.
Through FB, I have also reconnected with several people that I used to go to church with at Springfield Methodist. Some are the youth that I worked with. Now, they are all grown up and have children of their own. Boy, do I feel old! Not really!! Anyway, last Thursday, five of us got together for lunch at Olive Garden. Our matriarch, Mrs. Lena (Pastor Fred's wife), her daughter Connie (our P&W leader), Lynn (keyboard), Connie and I (expressive worship & choir). We had a great time and some of us are planning on meeting again tomorrow. There will be new faces and I'm so excited about that. I think a couple of the younger girls are coming. We're even planning on having a reunion in the future. Inviting the whole family to that. I'm so excited about that.
Now, for the icing on the cake. Last Thursday, one of the young men (Alan) in our church was doing his job, which is cutting trees. He was up 40 feet in the air in a pine tree when the limb that he was tethered off to broke and threw him to the ground on top of limbs that he had already cut. He landed on his back across one of those limbs. He tried to get up, but his legs wouldn't move. So, he started praying over his legs to move. The paramedics came and his cousin had to cut trees and shrubs from around him so that they could get him out. He was taken to the hospital and was told that he had broken his back. But, when he got there, he was able to feel his legs again and move his toes. Still, the prognosis was not good. Well, we all know that God can perform miracles, so we all started praying for a miracle. Alan would not allow anybody to speak any negative words over him. He would preach to anybody who came into the ICU to see him. They would go in to minister to him and he would end up ministering to them. This morning, Alan had surgery on his back. The doctor said when he opened him up, it looked like Somebody had already started doing surgery on his back. He said it didn't look like the MRI's, CT's or x'rays that had been taken the day he was brought into the hospital. Three hours after back surgery, Alan was sitting on the side of his bed with his feet on the floor swinging his legs and praying for strength to allow him to get up and walk. This is a man who has been flat on his back for a whole week unable to move his legs, other than just wiggling his toes. I believe Alan will be in church testifying of the greatness of God either Sunday or Wednesday by the latest. Just another miracle that we have seen in our church. And there are many more to come. THE SPIRIT OF EXPECTANCY IS THE BREEDING GROUND FOR MIRACLES. And, we are definitely expecting miracles, salvations, signs and wonders. Those things did not stop when Jesus died. He said that we would perform even greater miracles than He did. But, only through Him can these things happen. I'm excited about the days to come.
I had a lot more to say, but I'm exhausted and it's going to be a long day tomorrow. It's timesheet day, I'm meeting the girls for lunch and hoping to be able to get off on time so I can go with Trent to the church where he has been attending VBS this week. Tomorrow night is Family Night and Tabitha has to work and Chad won't go. So, I'm praying that I can go and be with Trent. Goodnight and God bless........
Friday, June 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment