Monday, April 05, 2010

Happy Resurrection Sunday

I was so looking forward to church this morning, but the migraine headache I woke up with just would not let me go. And, no, it wasn't because I wanted to show off a new dress and shoes, cause I didn't buy myself a new outfit. I heard from Scottie and Kim that the skit Tina and the kids did was fantastic. Was hoping somebody taped it, but they didn't. I still have a headache, but nothing like it was when I woke up.

Today is just such a special day to reflect on what Jesus did for us and how much He loves us. Who else would allow themselves to be nailed to a cross when He could have called legions of angels to stop it? Only Jesus would die for you and me because He loved us so much. He wanted to take away all our sins and all the diseases that He knew would be in the world. I just want to say "Thank You, Jesus, for dying for me."

Wanted to have Chad and Tabitha and the kids over for supper, but they are still hurting so much from the car accident they were involved in on March 5th, that they are just going to stay home and try to get some much needed rest. The doctor has said they there is permanent damage, so there treatment will take awhile. They did go see an attorney on Friday. They do not want to sue the man for all he has; they just want to make sure their medical bills are paid. I'm still praying for the drunk driver that caused the accident that he will stop drinking (have heard that he did) and that he will get saved.

It's such a beautiful day today outside. I can hear the hum of the weedeater and now the leaf blower as Vance works in the front yard. If my head didn't still hurt, I'd go sit outside, but I don't think my eyes could take the bright sunlight.

I'm now enjoying my new computer. Now, that it is up and running on the internet. I just have to get my old one back from my cousin, Brett, and upload all my pictures to this new one (which will hold 177,000 photos). I've got a birthday party, a wedding and pictures I took at the church egg hunt last week to edit and print and put on CD's. I need to get that done this week. There will be some late nights sitting in front of a computer screen, but I love it. Brett said it took 24 hours to defrag my old computer and there wouldn't be any sense to try to upgrade it. That's why I bought a new one. This one shouldn't need upgrading for a long time.

I pray that everybody has a blessed Resurrection Day! Remember that Jesus loves you and He died just for you! If you haven't asked Him to come into your heart, don't you think today would be a great day to do that?

No comments: