Have been watching the Weather Channel and it's heartbreaking to see all the damage that the tornadoes have done today. Yazoo City, Mississippi, was almost wiped out. How heartbreaking. Pray for those people who have lost everything.
I have family in Alabama and Tennessee that I'm praying for and my son, Vance, and his family are in South Carolina right now. The bad weather is supposed to be heading their way tomorrow. I pray that they are not going to be traveling in the bad storms. I'm just praying that they will be safe wherever they are. My sister-in-law and neice live in South Caroline, too. Please pray for all the people in the storms path. We are under a tornado watch here in the Panhandle of Florida right now.
It has been blowing a gale all day. I went to the Steve Retherford Benefit Fish Fry and bought a plate and took it to the City Marina to eat. The wind was so strong, my car was rocking and I have a big, heavy car. There were people fishing, but not catching anything. I think the water and wind was just too rough.
I wanted to photograph something, but just could not get inspired today. For a photographer, that's as bad as a writer having writer's block.
Yesterday, I bought a new toy. It's a Pandigital Photo, Slide & Negative Converter. I got it at Bed, Bath and Beyond of all places. Saw it in their advertising paper. I went at lunch and picked it up. It is so much fun to use and very easy. The only thing I did wrong was to delete the memory card after I uploaded the pictures to my computer. I didn't know that I was deleting the program that came along with it. Of course, I don't think I'll need it, but I sure wish I had read the book to know that I wasn't supposed to delete the photos. I just don't like to read the books. I try to figure things out on my own. I guess I'm as bad as the guys in that respect.
Sunday, April 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment