Wednesday, November 01, 2006

A really long day!

Today seemed so long to me. Everytime I looked at the clock, I expected it to be later than it actually was. I guess it's this new time change has messed me up.


Got to work and Kim had a really bad headache. She was getting ready to go home. I told her to go to the bathroom and I'd pray for her. Too many people going in and out of her office. We went in, I laid my hands on her head and just prayed a short prayer for healing; moved my hands down to her shoulders and prayed for stress and tension to be released and that was it. She said my hands on her shoulders felt like fire. I didn't feel anything, but she was better. She managed to stay all day at work.


Glenn, a contract engineer on loan from Georgia Power was leaving today to go back to Atlanta. He and his wife, Barbara, invited Kim and I to lunch. We went to Big City Fish. Had a real nice visit with them and good food. I had the blackened amberjack. It was good. Glenn insisted on paying for our lunch. That was sweet of him. He was a real character while he was here. He's funny. His wife is very sweet. She just retired from teaching.


Vance loaded some more pictures of Fox. I think he is so cute! He looks older than just a couple of weeks. He has so many expressions and Vance is good about catching them. I'm hoping to go visit on the 11th. Can't wait to hold that little man.


Went to Sam's after work and got my glasses changed. I just couldn't handle the progressive lenses. I hang my paperwork off the side of my computer and would have to hold my head way back just to read it. That just wasn't working. Makes for a very sore neck. I told them to just put the far off lenses in and I'd just take off my glasses to see close up. It works a whole lot better now. I feel like I can see again.


Sharon had asked me how Terry was doing. He's the one who got bit by the rattlesnake. He got out of the hospital about 2 weeks ago and is staying with his brother, Jack. He was in ICU for a long time. But he's recovering and I don't think there is any lasting damage to his body. He is very blessed to be alive and I hope he knows that God was watching over him. While in ICU, he didn't want anybody praying for him. Of course, Jack would pray everytime he went in the room. Now, I believe he knows that prayer was the only thing keeping him alive. He says he's going to get back in church. Praise God!


My husband has lost his glasses. He has never, ever even misplaced them for a few minutes, so this has him stumped. He just can't remember where he could have lost them. He has backtracked and had no luck. Me, I finally had to get one of those chains to keep my glasses around my neck while at home, cause I lay them down all the time and can't remember where I left them. I've found them on the dryer, in the refrigerator, in the sofa cushion (was lost for two weeks that time. Had to wear my prescription sunglasses inside the house to watch TV. That was a funny sight.) But, Vance never loses anything. Pray that he finds his glasses.


Here is a picture of Chad, Tabitha, Trent and Hope from the shoot we did Saturday. Look at Hope's expression. She was upset cause her daddy had taken her hat. She has some of the cutest expressions (like Fox).
I'm really tired, so I'm heading to bed. I can't believe I'm going to bed so early.
Good night and God bless............Pat

1 comment:

Sir Vance-a-lot said...

Those are really good pirate costumes!

Around the eyes, I think Fox looks a bit like Hope.