Tried to sleep in the bed last night on my back propped up on two pillows to keep my hair from getting crimped. I just have a hard time sleeping on my back. Woke myself up snoring. Now, that's bad. Got up around 2:00 and moved to the couch, sleeping on three pillows. Managed to sleep the rest of the night and not mess my hair up too much. Touched it up with the flat iron before going to work.
Got a lot of favorable comments. Kim loved it. So did Fran, Dee and Tina. Didn't see any other women, but most of the guys liked it. Kim looked so cute today. She had on a new top with black gauchos and just looked adorable.
Our office was crowded this morning. So much noise!! I couldn't even listen to my phone messages, they were so loud. Having way too much fun.
Daddy called and gave me his grocery list. Had to go at lunch, cause I had to go to Mama's after work. He gave me a list of 22 items, some in groups of 2, 3 or 4 each. I wrote them down and promptly left them on my desk when I left for lunch. Did not realize I didn't have the list until I got to the grocery store. There were things on there that he doesn't normally get, so I just stopped and prayed for God to reveal the list to me so that I wouldn't forget a single item. I headed through the store and sometimes had to backtrack when the item would pop into my mind. When I took the groceries to Daddy, I told him I thought I had gotten everything, but if I missed anything, to call me and I'd go back tomorrow. When I got back to work, I looked at the list and I had gotten every single item. I was so excited. I had even bought him a carton of OJ because he loves it and I knew he didn't have any. God is so faithful if we just ask Him to help us. I have had a bad habit of speaking over myself that I have a terrible memory. Well, I will no longer speak that over myself. I have a great memory, in Jesus' name! Kim said I was brillant. I receive that and declare it over myself. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Worked until 5:00 because I was making up the extra time I had to take at lunch. I checked Daddy's account and Social Security had finally deposited his check instead of sending it to him. It has taken 11 months to get it direct-deposited. I went on line 11 months ago, we got a letter saying it would be done the next month and it never happened. Daddy called SS several times and finally last month talked to a man who said they were having trouble all year, but he guaranteed it would be deposited Feb. 1st. He was a man of his word. I wish I knew who he was. I'd write a letter to the director and pat him on the back. Nobody else would help Daddy. They would put him on hold and never come back to the phone.
Went to Mama's to take her money from the Credit Union. She showed me the cell phone Chip had gotten her. I could not believe it. It was a TracFone just like the one I had bought for her last year that she wouldn't use. But, if Chip gets it for her, it's the greatest thing since sliced bread. Penny and I just can't seem to make her happy no matter what we do. Oh yeah, she didn't like my hair either. She never does. She wants me to stay curly (which makes me look older) and also wants me to stop coloring my hair. Would you believe - my hair is almost totally gray and her's is only gray around her temples and a streak on the left side. Her granddaddy was 99 when he died and she said his hair was almost all black and her daddy was 80 and I remember him only having a small spot in the back of his head that was gray. I must take after Daddy's side of the family. Marsha has even commented when she's coloring my hair that I would be all gray if I stopped coloring. I'm not ready to be all gray yet.
Left her house at 7:00. Vance called to see if I planned to spend the night. Told him I was on my way home. Came home and then went to Captain D's to get food. Tonight was the worst food I've ever had from them. I ordered fish and shrimp for Vance. They were out of shrimp. I ordered stuffed talipia for me and they were out of that, too. Got a baked potato and it was raw in the middle. I just didn't enjoy my supper at all. Only ate half of it. Shadow and Vinnie got the rest. They don't usually get table scraps, so they were excited.
Told Vance I was going to sleep on the couch all night tonight since I woke myself up snoring and my back hurt so bad last night. He kissed me goodnight and went to bed about 2 hours ago.
It's supposed to be cold tonight, then back in the 70's by Sunday. This weather is weird.
Time for me to go to bed. I'm suddenly getting very sleepy. Goodnight and God bless.........
Saturday, February 02, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment