Friday, February 01, 2008

New do





Typical day at work today. Timesheets as usual. It started raining right before lunch and I was getting a little worried because I had a hair appointment after work to get my hair straightened. It's a new type of straightener - not a chemical, but basically a conditioner that your stylist irons into your hair. It's gentle and won't cause any hair damage, unlike the other straighteners I've used on my hair. It smells good and your hair is softer, silkier and shinier and straighter. Can't beat that. But, you can't get your hair wet for 72 hours. Rain is not a good thing.

Met my friend Karen for lunch at Olive Garden. She became a grandmother for the 5th time yesterday and she's nine years younger than me. She has three girls and two boys (grandkids). She and I share the same birthday - March 18 - only nine years apart. She has tried to trip me up for about 20 years by saying I'm 10 years older than her. She hasn't pulled it over on me yet. I'm quick to say "9 years." We have a lot of fun with that. Enjoyed the soup, salad and breadsticks, especially since I didn't eat supper last night and no breakfast this morning. But, I couldn't eat all of my lunch either and we didn't have but one helping.

After work, I went to see Marsha to get my hair done. She took her daughter, Brandi, to Atlanta a couple of weeks ago to learn a new straightening technique with a brand-new product. Nobody else in Panama City uses this product. She learned the technique on Brandi and told me how pretty it was and she'd give me a huge discount if I wanted to try it. I saved some money and she called me Monday to tell me she could do it today. It's called Keratin Complex (www.keratincomplex.com). It is not a chemical, but a conditioner that the stylist flat irons into your hair. You can't wash or get your hair wet for 72 hours. I got there at 4:00, she applied the product and we waited 20 minutes before she started the flat iron processing. Brandi came and helped her. Brandi said she got up this morning and didn't even brush or comb her hair and it looked great. She loves the way her hair looks and feels. She said it is so easy to take care of. I'm looking forward to that. We finished up a little before 8:00. It's a long process if you have as much hair as I do. But, it looks and feels great. It's so shiny and soft. It should last for three months or longer.

I had planned on working in the house this weekend, but I'll probably have to put that off cause I can't pull my hair back or even tuck it behind my ears. It gets aggravating bending over and having my hair fall into my eyes so I can't see what I'm doing. I'll have to find something else to do - maybe clean out my closet? Sounds like a winner.

I called Vance around 7:00 to let him know I was still at the beauty shop. He said "That's fine. I'm tearing apart the kitchen ceiling." He's going to put new ceiling tiles in the kitchen and craft room. He finished the bathroom ceiling last night. He's on a roll and I don't want to stop him. This de-cluttering helped get him motivated, too. Thanks Michelle for that little (well, maybe big) push.

Guess I better try to get some sleep. I'm kinda afraid to sleep on my hair. I don't want to get any creases in it. Marsha and Brandi said I could use my flat iron to straighten them out tomorrow morning. I sure hope I don't mess it up.

Goodnight and God bless.............

No comments: