


I woke up this morning and it was a beautiful day. I have been wanting to take pictures so bad, so that's what I decided to do today. Washed a couple of loads of clothes first so we'd have something to wear next week. Talked to Kim. She was babysitting all her grandchildren. We had hoped to do something together today, but it didn't happen.
I decided to just drive around Lynn Haven and see what kind of photos I could find. I should have taken pictures of all the flowers that are in bloom. I'll get them next weekend, or I may go out again tomorrow after church. The azaleas have started blooming; tulip trees (I think they are Japanese Magnolias) and camellias are in full bloom. You would think it was springtime instead of mid-winter. That's Florida for you.
I took a couple of pictures of some of the historical buildings, then stopped at a new antique (isn't that an oxymoron?) store that just opened up. The lady graciously allowed me to take a few pictures. I plan on going back. It's called Seldom Rest Antiques and it's on Ohio Avenue (Hwy 77) in an old historical house. Found a lot of stuff that I would love to have, but where would I put it???
Grabbed a corn dog and tea while driving around. Just drove up and down some of the streets, then to the bridge where I stopped, got out and ate and took a couple of pictures. Sylvia called and said Casey was looking for a house to rent, so I took a picture of one with the sign and called her back on it later. She said she'd give the number to Gloria to give to Casey. It was a cute little house, for rent or sale.
Decided to go out to the beach when Olga suggested some good places out there to go to. I saw Chris Parker and his son and pulled up beside them at a red light and talked a few minutes. He has Straight Stripe and does the striping in parking lots. He was headed out to Pier Park to work.
I stopped at a few places, then went to Pier Park to see what I could find. It was so busy that I decided not to stop. Couldn't find a good parking space anyhow. Went to Target and found a bedspread set on sale for the bedroom we've painted and never set up. I'm going to get Daddy's bed back from Penny and set it up. I love the bedset.
Drove down Front Beach Road until it pulled off to Middle Beach. Took pictures of places that were there when Vance and I dated 38 years ago. Hard to believe there are still some old landmarks left. I thought Reid's Trailer Park had been sold and turned into a condo, but it's still there. I had passed it before I realized, so I didn't get a picture. I think I'll take a day and just drive up and down the beach and take pictures of things that were there 30 or so years ago. But, I'd like to have somebody to go with me. It's more fun when you have somebody to reminisce with. I got back home around 4:00.
Vance worked on the car a little while. I sat at the computer and edited the pictures and posted some of them on Facebook. Watched a movie on the Hallmark Channel and cried. I think it was called "Candle on Bay Street." Wonderful movie.
It's right at midnight and I'm about to fall asleep at this computer, so I bid you Goodnight and God bless..............

No comments:
Post a Comment