Can you believe how fast time is flying by? We're already into February. I'm just getting over Christmas. No, wait, I'm not over it yet. I just realized I still have my little bitty Christmas tree still up. But, take off the Christmas bow on top and you've got a tree with nothing but angels on it, so I guess I could leave it up all year if I wanted to. Nobody comes to visit anyway and Vance doesn't care how I decorate. One year, I left my large tree up until after Valentine's day. I just took the Christmas ornaments off and put roses and baby's breath on it. I thought it looked pretty for Valentine's Day. Then, I took it down the next day. I don't know yet when I'll take down my angel tree. It adds a bright spot in that corner of the living room.......
Boy, did I have a busy day yesterday. Was off Monday, so I had to play catch-up. Tabitha called to see if I could pick up Hope from school and Daddy called to remind me that he had a doctor's appointment at 3:15. All morning, I was busy trouble-shooting and putting out fires because of our new accounting/timekeeping system. Our systems just don't seem to be talking to one another and that's not good. So, I got calls from Pensacola requesting help, which I was very glad to do. I like the detective part of finding out the problem. I think I mentioned in an earlier post that I wanted to be a police officer, but could not afford to go to college. Went to work as a secretary instead. But, I'm getting off the subject here. I knew that I would have to leave around 1:45, so I jumped right into finding out the information to help the lady in P'cola. She couldn't give me much info to go on, but I ran a few reports and came up with just the right information she needed in less time than we both thought was possible. I was pleased that I could help her immediately and not have to put her off another day.
I was running late this morning, so I forgot to grab something from home for lunch and couldn't stop at Sonic (too crowded) for a breakfast burrito. So, no breakfast. I was so engrossed in the research I was doing that I totally forgot about lunch. Thankfully, my body didn't remind me or I would have been miserable.
At 1:45, I shut down my computer and left to pick up Hope. (Had already cleared it with my boss.) Since Tabitha has my booster seat (I think her sister left with Hope's car seat), I couldn't stand transporting Hope without proper restraint. I've seen way to many videos about children getting their necks broken or flying out of a regular seat belt. So, I picked her up and cautiously drove to Target - about a mile away. We bought a new booster seat and I installed it in the parking lot, put her in it and we headed across town to pick up Daddy. He was waiting outside for us. Drove back across town to his doctor's appointment. The nurses fell in love with Hope and gave her magazines to take home. She was so polite and talked to them all. She's very well-behaved. After leaving the doctor's office, Daddy wanted to go to AT&T and get a new phone. He's been having a lot of trouble with his old one. So, we went to the store and a very nice lady (the manager) showed us the phones, then told us to go to Target or Radio Shack to buy one. She said it would be so much cheaper. God bless her. She didn't have to do that, but she was just so sweet. So, back in the car, I called Tabitha and she had just finished up her shift. By now, it's 4:00. So, we drive about 3 miles to drop Hope off with her, then back across town to Radio Shack to buy Daddy a phone. Yes, it was much cheaper - about $50 cheaper. Got that taken care of and stopped at the drug store to pick up Daddy's medicine and then I took him home. I wish I had checked the odometer to see how many miles I drove. Quite a few, I do know that. I got home at 5:30 and was starving. It finally hit me that I had missed eating all day. We had a Healthy Choice Steamer that I popped in the microwave and ate. Then, I had to go to praise & worship practice. Worked on two really good songs. Had so much fun. We have the best group of people on the platform. We never have any arguments and Karen is always open to any music anybody wants to bring in. After I got home, I ate a sandwich and half a baked potato. And, then I worked for two hours making up the time I was off.
Today was a busy day, too. But, I didn't have any calls from P'cola. I did have to make some adjustments to the Ice Storm Team's timesheets. That took almost all day to do. Picked up Hope and brought her back to the office for about 20 minutes before Tabitha could pick her up. She worked at "her desk" drawing me pictures while I worked on timesheets.
Went to church tonight and Pastor Jim preached on "God's Stimulus Package for America". It was really good. If we just follow the Bible, we wouldn't be in the mess we're in now. The main scripture was II Chronicles 7:14 (I think)"If My people will humble themselves and pray and turn from their wicked ways........" Then, he went to Deuteronomy. I'll have to check my notes tomorrow and let you know where. It was a really good message.
Kim and I may be going to Tennessee for four days in March to celebrate my birthday. Sylvia has a house in Tennessee that she has said we could stay in. Hopefully, Sylvia will be recovered from her knee surgery that she had today and we can all go together. We can't go the week of my birthday, because I have to do timesheets, but we are planning on the Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday of the next week. I would love it! I'm already thinking of all the pictures I could take.
Speaking of pictures, I've got a senior portrait shoot on Saturday for one of the youth that used to go to our church and they have been coming back the past two Sundays. I'm hoping the family comes back for good. We've all missed them terribly.
Well, it's almost midnight, so I better go to bed. Goodnight and God bless.........
Thursday, February 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment