
That is the question. Several of my friends have signed up with Jenny Craig to lose weight and feel that I should, too. I know I do better with structured diets at Weight Loss Centers. I considered going back to LA Weight Loss, but they closed here. That was really the best diet program I've ever been on. My only problem is I don't have time to cook all the good stuff I know I'm supposed to eat. Heck, I'm never home long enough and I sure don't feel like cooking after 10:00. Vance does all the cooking here (God bless him), but he doesn't cook anything but meat and potatoes, pasta and stuff like that. Absolutely no vegetables. The only time I get anything green is if I eat a salad for lunch. So, I'm trying to decide if I want to invest money in getting healthy.
This morning, I woke up with a migraine. I took my migraine medicine, called and left a message with my boss and climbed back into bed. Had to cover my head with the blanket cause the light coming through the windows hurt my eyes. I slept till around 9:30 and thankfully the headache was gone. Got my shower and was just about to walk out the door when Kim called to tell me Debb had been taken to the hospital by ambulance. She was out walking her dog and they found her unconscious on the ground. She had had a seizure. Carol from church went and sat with her and carried her back home. There is nothing the doctors can do after a seizure except bloodwork to determine if you have the right amount of medication in your blood. She was low in something. Then they just send you home to rest. I picked up lunch for Kim and me and we ate when I got to work.
Fran called and told me all about her visit with the Jenny Craig counselor and told me I needed to sign up. She also told me that she and several of her friends walk the bridge every day. I wouldn't be able to do it most days, because I'm not home before 5:30. But after the days get longer, they will go later and I should be able to go with them.
I had to pick up Hope after school. Yesterday, when I picked her up, they had a baggie full of snow to take home. I just dropped it in her backpack. When Tabitha came to pick her up, she showed it to us. It was cold! So, today I asked her teacher how did they make the snow. She showed me the jar of powder. I think it's called LiquiSnow (really not sure), but they have it at school supply stores. She said they used five jars about a month ago and made a sandbox full of the stuff and let the kids play in the "snow." She even made some for me to take home. It is so cool. I don't know what it is made of, but it has to be non-toxic for kids to use it. It would be fun to play with the kids. I may have to buy some since we don't get snow in Florida. I don't know if you could make snowballs or not. That would be fun if you could. I can see Hope and Trent having snowball fights. Fun, fun, fun!
Hope got her hair cut Monday. Check out the picture above. Doesn't she look cute? Trent got his cut, but I don't have a picture of him. His is still pretty long. The lady said his was beginning to turn curly. Oh boy! He's going to hate that. I gave him a flat iron when I got my new one, so he will probably be using it a lot in the years to come. Or, going to get his hair straightened like I do. I absolutely love my hair now that I can straighten it. Even though I've got three friends who would love for me to let it go curly again. They loved it curly. That's because they all have straight hair.......We are never satisfied, are we?
Looking forward to Friday night and Saturday - Hope for the Heart. Babbie Mason and Donna Douglas will be the guest speakers. I know it's going to be good.
I went to a revival Monday night at First Assembly. Saw several miracles. God is still healing people. One lady was blind in her right eye - couldn't see a thing out of that eye. She left seeing out of both eyes. Another lady couldn't walk without help. She left walking on her own. So many miracles happened. The revival is still going on, but I won't be able to go back. Tomorrow is the only night I have to spend at home with Vance. I need to wash clothes, too.
Well, it's after midnight, so I better get to bed. Goodnight and God bless.........

No comments:
Post a Comment