Went today to Jenny Craig and weighed. I could not believe it. I lost 3.4 lbs. this week. So, that means I've lost 18.4 lbs. since March 1st.-8 weeks. I think I'm doing very well. And, I'm still loving the food. They have added a few new items and so far, they are really good, too.
We found out this week (Wednesday) that Michelle and Vance are having a girl. How exciting! That's pretty rare for the Rutherford family, but I think Chad and Tabitha broke the curse, cause now other members of the family have had girls. Our nephew, Chris and his wife, Amanda, had a girl the end of last year; and our great-nephew, Corey and wife, had a girl on March 17th of this year.
I came home after church and Vance had bought me flowers to celebrate the news about our granddaughter. Isn't he the sweetest?
Thursday, I went to intercessory prayer at church for the first time in a very long time. Mrs. Sandi said it lasted exactly an hour, so that's what I told Vance. Well, wouldn't you know, it went until almost 10:30. We had emergency prayers being called in and I didn't even realize the time. I had left my phone in the car, so I didn't know that Vance had called three times. I tried to call him as I left church, but he didn't answer. I got home and he wasn't there. I knew he was out looking for me and I felt awful about worrying him. Sure enough, as I was getting out of the car, he drove up and I could tell he was mad. I told him I had tried to call and he yelled "I don't care!" and went into the house, then out the backdoor. I just sat on the couch and waited. I guess he was out for about 20 minutes, then knocked on the door cause it was locked. I opened the door and he apologized for yelling at me. He told me he was scared to death that something had happened to me, then he got mad. I apologized for worrying him. He really was scared that something bad had happened to me. Does the man love me or what??? I don't think I'll be going to prayer again for a little while. Or, at least, I won't give a time limit, cause you just never know when you may have to pray longer. He goes to the doctor on Tuesday and is going to ask for another prescription of Chantix to help him stop smoking. Cause I told him I didn't want him to get sick like my mother.
Speaking of Mama, she's doing pretty good. She's cooking for herself and is even vacuuming the floor. Penny texted me today and asked if I could buy groceries for Mama tomorrow. She's not feeling good.
Today, after going to weigh, I stopped by the antique store and bought four old postcards of P.C. landmarks. I think I will go to those places and take pictures and make scrapbook pages "Then and Now". Cause all of them have changed and some of them are not even here anymore. The Dixie Sherman Hotel was the first building in the U.S. to be imploded in 1969 or 1970. Daddy used to have a key to one of the rooms. I wonder if Mama still has it. I could make a shadow box with the postcard and key. And a picture of the demolition if I can find one on-line.
Well, I guess I better go to bed. Olga and I have just been on the phone for an hour and it's past midnight, so I'm headed off to bed. Goodnight and God bless........
Sunday, April 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment