

Yep, I'm still losing - 12.4 lbs. so far. I'm real excited. I'm still loving the food, though I did eat a few mixed nuts the other night. About 10 - and I put on my menu under the question "unplanned foods eaten and why" - because I wanted them. Leslie, my counselor, loved my comment. And she told me a little secret, but I can't tell, cause it's a secret. :>)
I'll try to get someone to take a picture of me tomorrow at church. I'm going to be there taking pictures of the kids - portraits, actually. Should be fun. They will be hunting eggs, watching the puppet show, having praise and worship and eating hot dogs. Should be a lot of fun.
Did it rain yesterday or what?? It was scary to say the least. Kept hearing reports of funnel clouds spotted, but they never touched down. Thank You, Lord! Heard there was one right over the main gate at Tyndall and Vance works just a few blocks from there. I called him and told him to get to a safe place. I was worried about him. The lightning was spectacular. Wish I had my camera when one bolt struck several times in the same place. It lasted several seconds. Never seen anything like it. There was a tornado that touched down in Vernon, so we sent crews up that way and they worked through the night, rested a few hours and headed back up there today.
Today was sunny and beautiful. Heard a lot of P.C. folks on my Facebook page headed out to the beach today. I'm not a beach person, but I could have been talked into going if I didn't have to work. Will I ever get a day off where I can just go and do something fun???
Was supposed to buy groceries for Daddy yesterday, but it was storming too bad. I told him he'd have to wait until today. Right now, I'm a little upset with him. He's not supposed to be drinking. That's what caused him to get so sick and almost die five years ago. Well, he's found some neighbor who will go to the store for him and buy him beer. He's knows I won't. So, now, he's drinking again and getting mad at his landlord (wants to find another place to live), cussing like a sailor. I'm going to have to have a long talk with him about that. It just grates on my nerves some of the words he uses. When he's sober, he's so respectful of my feelings. Not so, when he's had a few beers. I don't enjoy being around him anymore, but I go do my daughterly duty because I do still love him.
Kim is off in Tennessee having a blast. I'm so glad she got to go on vacation. She really needed a break from work. It's really been rough on all of us lately. These new programs are the pits. They make our lives miserable because we have to keep making corrections to things we didn't do because the systems won't talk to each other. They should have developed friendlier programs. These guys just seem to have bad attitudes and won't work together.
Today, after I weighed in, I had to rush home to take the frozen food and put in the freezer. I knew it would thaw out by the time I got Daddy's groceries. So, I ended up taking a 2-hour lunch. No problem, just made it up at the end of the day. On my way back to the office, I passed this 18-wheeler with a huge flatbed with nothing on it. Or, so I thought. Right in the middle of the flatbed, an old Tonka dumptruck was strapped down. It made me smile. Chip and I had Tonka dumptrucks just like that one. You know, the real metal ones. Not plastic like they make today. These were made of metal and you could sit on them and they wouldn't bend. Wish I still had mine. The kids would love playing with it. I was able to snap off a couple of pictures.
Mama is doing pretty good. I bought groceries for her last Sunday. Penny was sick and couldn't. She wanted to make chicken and dumplings and cabbage. That's the first time she's really cooked on the stove in about a year. I think she's doing pretty good now that she has the right amount of oxygen.
I'm very tired, so I guess I will go to bed. Very busy day tomorrow. Goodnight and God bless...............

No comments:
Post a Comment