Wednesday, April 08, 2009

It's Cold Outside

Yep, here it is - April - and we are having our usual Florida cold snap right before Easter. It seems to happen every year no matter what month Easter falls in. I can remember buying a pretty, short sleeved dress for Easter Sunrise Service and having to wear a heavy coat because it was freezing outside. Never took my coat off the whole day. That was a waste - buying a new dress and nobody even saw it. Not even going to bother buying one this year. Will wear my usual black pants and a pretty top to church. Didn't think we were doing Praise and Worship, but we are. Then, the children and youth will take over with their special program. I know it will be great. They always do a great job.

Yesterday, I got to go out with my boss to observe the crews. We decided to go out and observe a different crew once a month for my performance evaluation. Since I love what I do and have no desire to learn a new job, we had to come up with something to put as a goal. It was a good experience. I got to see them work on a bad underground cable that had been chewed up by a squirrel (he finally got fried while chewing the aluminum). It happens all the time. For some reason, they are attracted to aluminum. Then, we went and watched a crew change out a transformer. I got to wear a traffic vest, hardhat, my steel-toed boots and safety sunglasses. You get bad hat hair from the hardhat, so I had just pulled my hair into a ponytail and didn't bother with straightening it. The guys at work have seen me at my worst - during hurricanes with no makeup and a month of just bursting into tears when my brother died. They are like brothers to me, so I really don't care about impressing them with how I look. The only man I want to impress is my husband. He loves me no matter what. He's such a great guy.

Called and talked to Trent this morning. He's in St. Augustine on a field trip. Tabitha and I were a little concerned about him being so far away, but he seems to be having fun.

Guess I better get to bed. Work tomorrow and that test. Goodnight and God bless.....

No comments: