Took my last day of vacation today. Slept till 9:45 when Trent called to ask if he and Hope can spend the night Saturday night. You bet! Love having them come over. They are such good kids.
Got up and made my shake and sat down to watch a movie. I don't know what it was called, but it was about a high school Science class of misfits who developed a solar-powered car called The Cockroach. Halie Berry was the Science teacher and Jim Baluche was the shop teacher. It was a great movie based on a true story. Really enjoyed it.
Chad came over to get some tools to work on Tabitha's car. For some reason, Docker will not go into the garage. He wanted to play with Chad so bad, but he'd take his toy to the door, but would not go in. Since he is a throw-away dog, I figure whoever threw him away used to lock him in a garage. Why do people mistreat animals? I just cannot understand it. The picture is Docker the day we got him last year.
Heard on the news that K-Mart in Callaway was going to close, so I decided to go there and see if there was any after-Christmas sales going on. Walked in and spotted a long coat at 60% off. At the original price, I never would have bought it even though it was exactly the coat I've been looking for - long, light weight with a hood. I got it for $25.00! I was so excited. I do not like to shop, so I hardly ever come across good deals like that. Still can't find any dark brown jeans in my size. I have to have petite and the ones that I find would have to be cut off and I don't like to cut pants off. Never can seem to get both legs the same length when I re-hem. I asked the cashier if she would be able to get transferred to Sears when the store closes and she said that Sears already had too many workers. Please pray for all the employees of the K-Mart's that will be closing that they will be able to find new jobs.
Went to Beall's next door and still couldn't find any brown jeans. Bought one small item and when I got to the cashier, she asked if I had their discount card. I told her that I hardly ever came in to shop, so she said she would give me the discount anyway. I call that the favor of God.
Went and spent some time with my Dad. He is still so miserable about losing Tiger. He's not sleeping at night, because he said he keeps waiting for Tiger to come in and sleep on his bed. He has called the Sheriff's office and believes he knows who shot Tiger. I told him I would get him a kitten or cat if he wanted one, but he says he will never want another animal. I told him to never say never. He needs an animal to keep him company.
Got on the scale today and I've lost a total of 9.5 lbs. so far. I could tell when I put on a shirt today that had been really tight the last time I wore it. It's not tight anymore. And I feel great. Came home and threw out all the rest of the sweet cakes and candy we had left over from Christmas. No temptation means greater weight loss.

No comments:
Post a Comment