Friday, December 30, 2011

The Saga Continues

With everybody on vacation, it's really slow at work. I got caught up on some filing. I did remember to bring my shake fixins today; so around 1:00, I got out my smoothie blender and mixed everything up. You are supposed to keep it on the low setting as you flip the spigot to pour out your smoothie. Can't get it all out, so I turned the pitcher up over my glass and poured the rest into the cup. I use a plastic cup that has a lid and straw and a scripture verse "Taste and see that the Lord is good" on it. As I was putting the pitcher back, I noticed black stuff leaking out of the bottom. It was oil. I had blown up my blender! In the garbage it went. I wiped up all the oil and cleaned off my desk, checking my clothes to make sure none had dripped on me. Nope, my clothes were clean. I took a big sip of my shake and swallowed. It was then that I tasted oil. Yuck! Yuck! Yuck! I guess when I poured the last little bit into the cup, some of the oil dripped into it and I didn't notice it. Or, it might have gotten into the blender from the blade when it blew up. What a horrible taste! I wanted to wash my mouth out with soap, but refrained. The only kind of soap we had in the bathroom was the kind that has grit in it. I sure didn't want that taste in my mouth. So, I just drank a bottle of water and got some chewing gum to cover the taste. No lunch for me today! I didn't think anything would taste good after that experience. Just couldn't help but laugh. I know God is looking down on me saying "Yep, that's my little girl. She will laugh about anything." Better to laugh than cry, I always say.

Report on my weight-loss: I've lost 7 lbs. so far since the beginning of November, even going through Thanksgiving and Christmas. So excited and I feel great.

Talked to Daddy today. He didn't sleep last night thinking about Tiger. I feel so sorry for him. When he's ready, I will get him another cat or kitten - whichever one he wants.

Went with a group from church to the mall tonight to see the movie "Courageous". It was so good! I think it should be a required movie for all young boys before they grow up and become fathers. Glad I got a napkin when I got some popcorn, cause I laughed and cried several times during the movie. If you haven't seen it, go see it or buy a copy of it when it comes out. Show it to your teenage sons and your husband. If you are planning to marry and have children, show it to your boyfriend. If he doesn't like the movie, you better think twice before you have children with him; because he will probably not be a good father. Just saying.

I'm off work until next Tuesday. Hoping I can get the Christmas decorations put up and work on our spare bedroom that I want to make into a walk-in closet/storage area. I can't even get in there to find old pictures that I want to scan. They are in a huge container against the far wall. Would love to put up shelves in there and rods to hang clothes on. I've just got to get stuff out that I don't need anymore. It's time to do some early spring cleaning especially since it feels like spring outside.

No comments: