Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Let the Weight Loss Begin! Again.....


Now that the "eating" holidays are over, it's time to get serious about weight loss again. The beginning of November 2011, I weighed 215 lbs. I'm 5'3" tall and should weigh below 135 lbs. But, five years ago, I got down to 140 lbs. and people were telling me I needed to gain weight because I was too skinny. Even though I'm petite in stature, I'm fairly big boned and have always been pretty solid in the muscle department. I will be 60 in three months, so I don't really care to look like a super model, just get healthy. My blood pressure was getting a bit on the high side and my sugar was about to step over into the diabetes category. I sure don't want to be labeled with high blood pressure and diabetes.

In November, I joined a group of close friends and we started on Herbalife. I love the shakes. I drink one for breakfast and one for lunch and try to eat a small meal at night. I really have trouble remembering to snack between meals. Before I started Herbalife, I didn't usually eat anything until lunch time. I am just not that hungry during the day. Now, if I'm upset about something, I do want to eat more at night. And, it's usually something like ice cream or cookies.

Since starting Herbalife, I have dropped down to 208 lbs. and that's even with Thanksgiving and Christmas mixed in. So, I guess I'm not doing too bad; but I want to get serious and get more weight off before February. My niece gets married in February and I'm supposed to photograph her wedding. I need to be able to move around and get up and down without someone following me around to help me to my feet. I haven't enjoyed photographing events since I've gained all this weight. I did a couple of weddings earlier in the year and it was really very tiring and very hard to squat down and get up without help. I'm already feeling more energized since going on Herbalife and it's fun having friends to talk to about my struggles.

God bless all of you who are planning to lose weight and get healthy again.

2 comments:

Daughter of the King said...

You go Girl! You can do it!!

Cameon said...

I have full faith that you can do it. :) Keep the motivation of not wanting to be labeled with diabetes and high blood pressure as a constant reminder. I'm keeping you in my prayers, and looking forward to reading and going through this journey with you. You go girl!