
Stayed up really late last night working on my blog. Hard to get up this morning, but managed to get up in time to make my shake, get ready and head off to work. All was well until I pulled out my bag to make my shake for lunch. I had forgotten to pack my shake mix. (I mix ahead of time all that goes into my shake so I don't have to carry around the big containers.) There is an Herbalife Cafe just a few blocks away from work, so I thought I'd go there and get a shake. Well, they were closed for the holidays. I ended up at McDonald's and got a grilled chicken sandwich, fries and sweet tea. I told you stress works on my appetite.
Drove down to the city marina and ate most of the fries, but only half of the sandwich while watching the seagulls flying around. Should have given them the fries and eaten the sandwich myself.
Around 2:30, my dad called and said his cat had been stabbed and needed to go to the vet. I called three vets near his house only to be told that they were closed on Wednesday afternoon. The fourth vet couldn't see him, but gave me numbers of three other vets. The first number was my own vet, so I called them and they were able to see us. I got a box from work and went to my dad's. It was easy to get Tiger in the box, but had to really tape it up to keep him in.
The vet shaved the area and found out that Tiger had been shot. Did x-rays and found the pellet from a pellet gun on the opposite side of the wound, meaning it had probably gone through vital organs. All they could do would be to put him on an IV overnight of strong antibiotics and do exploratory surgery tomorrow with no guarantee that he would survive. My dad lives on social security, but would have spent his last dollar to save his "little boy." He asked the vet to be very honest with him and she (in a round about way) told him she wasn't sure Tiger would make it overnight. He made the decision to have him put down. The vet, her assistant, the receptionist and I bawled. They were so kind. We said our goodbyes and they took him in another room, then brought him out to us in a cardboard coffin.
We took him to my house and my sweet husband buried him, while I took my dad home. He was so sad and said he felt like he'd just lost everything. That cat gave my dad so much pleasure. Daddy suffers from gout and he'd say "Tiger, my foot hurts." Tiger would lay down beside his foot and rub his head on the foot like he was massaging it. Then, he would turn to the other foot and do the same. He was such a smart cat. Daddy would tell him that I was coming over and Tiger would go out on the porch and wait for me. Such a sweetheart. We are really going to miss him so much.
When I got home from church, I ate too much and even had a piece of cake. I hate that I drown my sorrow with food! But, tomorrow is another day and I can start over again with my shakes and get back on track! I CAN DO THIS WITH GOD'S HELP!

1 comment:
Yes, you can!!
Post a Comment