Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Back to Work

Woke up this morning feeling pretty good considering the horrible night I had. I guess my body was sore from just laying around for three days, cause I could not get comfortable in the bed or on the couch. My whole body ached, especially my legs. I would lay down, then get up and walk around and try to lay down again. I was miserable. I managed to get a couple of hours sleep and thought about calling in again just to get some sleep. But, I knew that wouldn't be right. So, I got up and went to work.

Had a lot of work to catch up. My desk is a mess! Maybe I should start decluttering there! :)

Went to the store for Daddy at lunch. Wouldn't get too close to him for fear of passing on whatever I have to him. I hope he and Mama don't get sick.

Mama called to see if I had gone to work, then she kept telling me I should have stayed at home and not gotten out in this cold weather (I didn't think it was cold). She swears I'm going to get pneumonia. No, I'm not! That's the reason I never tell her when I'm sick with something bad. She will have me dead and buried. I don't like people speaking sickness and death over me. The Bible says "life and death are in the power of the tongue." I only want good things spoken over me and my family. But I can't get that through to her. According to her, pneumonia comes from getting wet or cold - it has nothing to do with germs.

Tonight was practice. I emailed Karen and told her I'd be there, but I might be singing bass. Went to practice and was pleasantly surprised that I was able to sing soprano. God is so good. We had practice, then an hour of prayer. It was just what I needed.

I'm feeling so much better since I got home from church; not coughing at all and my voice sounds fine. I figured I wouldn't even be able to talk after singing for an hour. But, I'm fine. I'll be back to my normal self tomorrow.

Now, I've got to go to bed and see if I can sleep all night. Goodnight and God bless.......

No comments: