It has been so foggy every morning this week. Scary driving. People drive like they can see for miles when they can only see a few feet in front of them. Why do people have to be in such a hurry? I'd rather be late getting somewhere and get there alive than be picked up by the coroner because of a stupid mistake I made while driving.
This morning, I left Vance a real sweet note to find before he left for work. I'm going to try to do the Love Dare ideas. I kind of skipped ahead because Day 1 was "be patient with your spouse". I don't have to worry about that. Vance and I are always patient with one another. We don't yell and scream at each other. Both of us grew up in that type of home and we decided before we got married that there would not be any fighting in our marriage. We work things out quietly. As best as I can remember, the boys only saw us yell at each other once when they were teenagers. I think it scared them pretty bad.
Today was pretty busy at work. Isn't it always? :>) But, I really like staying busy. I got invited to lunch by the Warehouse supervisor. He and Bambi were here doing inventory. The whole group met up at Smitty's BBQ. Since salad is on my diet, I ate a side salad and unsweet tea. I told Neil I was a very cheap date. It was nice eating with all the guys. I haven't seen Robert and Phillip in quite a while. Phillip is on a diet, too, and has already lost 34 lbs. Good for him! Neil is a real good Christian man and he prayed before our meal. I respect that. He told us about he and a couple of the other supervisors going out to eat a couple of weeks ago. He saw one of the contract supervisors eating in the same restaurant and just nodded and waved across the room to him. As they were getting ready to pay, they found out that this contract supervisor had paid for their entire meal. So, not to be outdone, Neil's supervisor turned and looked around the restaurant and saw two older ladies there and told the waitress he wanted to pay their bill. He said "I was blessed and I want to pass the blessing on." That is such a great idea. It is so exciting to see how many people in our company are Christians. It didn't used to be that way, but things are turning around and it's so nice to work with people who share the love of the Lord.
Hopefully, this Saturday, I'm going to be able to take some pictures after I go weigh in and bring my food back home. I'm looking forward to it. I'm going to suggest going to Eden State Park. The azaleas will be beautiful. What a great backdrop........
Now, I'm going to head for bed. I'm trying very hard to get more sleep. Goodnight and God bless..........
Friday, March 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment