Tuesday, March 03, 2009

What a Great Weekend


We had the best time this weekend at Hope for the Heart with Babbie Mason and Donna Douglas. They are so funny and Babbie has a voice that I would love to have. Donna writes beautiful songs and is really funny. We just had the best time! Can't wait to see who they will have next year.

Flo told us to go buy these white t-shirt jackets from Wal-Mart and pick out our colors and she would embroider flip-flops on the jackets and we all wore them on Saturday. We got so many compliments. She even got orders to make two or three more for people who were sitting near us.

Sunday, we had a guest speaker at church and he was really good (Ken Malone). He is the number one intercessor for the State of Florida. He and Dutch Sheets and several others actually have a room in one of the buildings (can't remember if it's the capitol or another State building)where they are allowed to pray the entire time the lawmakers are in session.

Went by to see Mama after church. She has lost so much weight. It hurts to see her like that. She's still just as sassy as ever, but she just doesn't want to eat - says nothing tastes good. Please keep her in your prayers.

I started the Jenny Craig program on Sunday. Wow! The food is sooo good. I haven't found a thing yet that I don't like. I wish I had checked my blood sugar yesterday morning before I started the program, but I didn't. I did check it tonight and it was lower than it's been in months. I know I've only been on the program two days, but maybe I'm eating the right food for a change and it's making a difference. If this program can keep me from being a diabetic, I will sing it's praises forever.

Chad is doing much better, but Trent is sick. He's got a severe case of the croup and bronchitis. He is never sick, so it's doubly sad. He will go to school no matter how he feels, but he had to stay home today and go to the doctor. He has to take breathing treatments and two prescriptions. He was feeling a little better when I called to check on all of them after work. Tabitha said he had a burst of energy and he and Hope were running through the house playing. I could hear them laughing and screaming in the background. I pray he has a good night's sleep tonight and feels better in the morning.

I guess I better get ready for bed. It's going to be a very busy day tomorrow. Goodnight and God bless..........

No comments: