Monday, March 23, 2009

Sunday Night 10:46/Clock on Here is Wrong




Had a great weekend! It started Friday morning at work. Of course, I was working. It was timesheet day, but I was pretty much caught up, so I got to go to one of the substations and take pictures of a bee hive that is hanging on a pinetree limb. It was pretty cool. From the side, it looks like a huge pinecone.

I had to go at lunch to weigh-in. I really thought I hadn't lost any weight, but I was wrong. I have now lost a total of nine pounds! I was excited and decided to treat myself to an outfit to wear to the conference tomorrow.

I finished my timesheets about 30 minutes before time to leave work. That's not something that happens very often. I actually got off work at the right time. I headed straight for Kolh's. They were having a big sale. I got a pair of black slacks and two tops. One is lime green (I love that color and it looks good with my red hair); the other one is black, gray and white. I almost bought a pair of gray capris, but I would have had to buy shoes to go with the outfit. Now, I kick myself for not buying them. They really looked good on me.

Saturday morning, I got up around 5:45 and jumped in the shower and got ready to go to the Aglow Women's Conference. Nine of us went and it was great. The speaker was awesome. Met some really sweet ladies. The conference ran till 2:30. They fed us some really great sandwiches from Honeybaked Ham. I had forgotten to carry my Jenny Craig food, so I just took the top off the turkey sandwich and ate a pickle with it. Gave away my cookie and chips. One of the ladies who goes to our church is on the board of Aglow in P.C. I didn't even know we still had Aglow here. I remember signing at several meetings back in the late 80's. I found out that Mrs. Sandi, Missy, Carol and Ginnie all go and it's one Saturday a month at 9:00 in the morning. I think I will start going with them. I don't have anything else to do on Saturday mornings and I'm getting pretty bored hanging out by myself.

After the conference, we went shopping at Silver Sands in Destin. Carol and I went together and got some Skechers sneakers. It was buy one, get one half off. I'm not much of a shopper, so I just followed the rest of the ladies while they shopped. We went to the Oneida store and it was going out of business and had a great sale. I bought a rectangular cake pan with lid that has a handle and a big bowl for only $8.00 total. I wish I had gotten some of the serving spoons that were 99 cents, but I didn't. After Silver Sands, we went to the Bealls Outlet store. I ended up buying three tops for less than $20.00. All in all, it wasn't a bad day for somebody who doesn't like to shop. I actually liked going with all the ladies. It's more fun that way. And Missy helped me find the tops that I bought. She's got great taste. Learned it from her mother, Mrs. Sandi. After shopping, we went to Cracker Barrel. I was very good. Only had a salad (only ate half) and unsweet tea. I think I did okay with my eating. We got home around 11:00. It was a long day, but I had fun.

Today, of course, I went to church. We had a good service. Pastor Sammy is doing so much better physically and it shows in his preaching. I stopped by Chad and Tabitha's on my way home. They weren't in church and I had Hope's backpack in my car. They have both been sick. Hope told Tabitha and me a story about a sea creature that really cracked me up. She is sooooo expressive. Before I left, I took some pictures of Chad's flowers that are blooming.

Came home and took some pictures of the birdnest on my porch. The wrens are back and they have found another plant to build their nest in. They have been building a nest on our porch for probably about 10 years now. It used to be in the Christmas cactus, but I had taken it down when I put the baker's rack on the porch to hold my plants. So they found another plant and are building their nest. I pray the baby birds live this year. Something got to them last year and killed them before they were old enough to fly. I also took pictures of the flowers blooming in our yard. We don't have many. I wish I liked to garden, but I really don't like to. Mosquitoes just love to bite me when I get outside. I try to stay out of the sun because I've already had one skin cancer cut off and I don't want to go through that again.

It's after midnight now, so I need to get to bed. Goodnight and God bless.........

No comments: