Monday, December 08, 2008

18 Days Till Christmas


Christmas will be here before you know it. I was just reading some blogs and read Cristy Jordan's blog www.southernplate.com which led me to read another blog mainly for quilters, but it's pretty cool for scrapbookers, too. Wish I could remember the name........ Check out Southernplate and you can find it. Cristy just won an award from this blog. Anyway, there was a quote that really caught my eye. It said "There was only one Christmas; the rest are anniversaries." I never really thought of it that way, but it's true, isn't it?

Hang on a second. I've got to get up and dance. Okay, I'm back and out of breath. Whew! But, I just cannot sit still when I hear the song "Shackles" - take the shackles off my feet so I can dance......... I'm sitting here listening to Mandisa "True Beauty". Love it!

Yesterday (Saturday - well, actually it was two days ago since it's after midnight) was a pretty busy day for me. Started off sleeping late, until my mother called and woke me up around 10:30. Never could get back to sleep. My house is a wreck, but I just don't seem to have the energy or time to straighten it up. I went and found my little silver Christmas tree that I bought last year to put my vintage mercury ornaments on. Fran had brought a bunch of ornaments that she had left over last year from Holly Fair and she was selling them for $1.00 each. I bought a bunch and that's what I decorated the tree with. It's cute, but I had planned on pulling out my big tree after I rearranged the living room. Didn't have time to do it because I needed to eat something and wanted to go to Dazzle Wear and check out their big sale before I picked up Swayde. I did got to DW and bought a cute little jacket and a red Christmas shirt. They were having a pretty good sale and I had a $5.00 off coupon that I had gotten in the mail.

Then, I went to Sonic and got a grilled cheese sandwich and tea and ate it on the way to Penny's. I sat around with her for about 30 minutes before Tabitha called to tell me they were on their way to the school for Hope's concert. We met them there. The "Sandbox Singers" were so cute. I'll upload pictures later - tomorrow maybe. We were there from 4:30-7:00, then we went to Popeye's and ate. There were seven of us. We decided to go look at Christmas lights. I took Trent with me and Swayde and we followed Chad, Tabitha, Lee (her cousin) and Hope. We went to South Port and saw a few good displays, then to the Country Club near my house. Not as many people are putting up lights this year. I guess because of the economy. We met at my house and I gave Trent back. Vance came out to see what the dogs were barking at. I took Swayde back to his house and sat with him until Penny came home from her office Christmas party. I wish I had taken my camera in. She looked gorgeous. The dress she had on was just like the one Marilyn Monroe wore in that famous picture where she steps on an exhaust grate and the wind blows her dress up. Except, Penny's dress was black, where Marilyn's was white. And Penny's hair is dark where Marilyn was blonde. My sister looked good! She said she got a lot of compliments from the doctors. None of them even knew she had a good figure. Those scrubs leave a lot to be desired. They definitely don't do anything for your looks. Makes me want to lose some of this weight I'm carrying around. Though I would never look as good as Penny. She's just a natural beauty. So is Tiffaney. You can see that in the picture at the top of this blog. There are a lot of beautiful women in our families - Penny, Tiffaney, Angie, Tonya, Katie, Brenda, Stacy, Jodi, Robbie, Natalie, Michelle, Tabitha, just to name a few.I hope I didn't leave anybody out. I was glad Penny had fun. She deserves it. Swayde and I had fun, too. He's a good kid. He and Trent really enjoyed spending time together.

I came home and Vance had chili cooking in the crock pot. Yummy!

Went to church this morning. Pastor Sammy was back. Yeah! He's been out sick for so long. He was in the hospital in quaranteen for 3 weeks with a bad infection. If anybody went to see him, they had to scrub up and put on masks (he said they all dressed in the same Halloween costume. He's so funny.) We had a great service. I got him to pray for my ears because that dizziness was coming back. He prayed for that and the pre-diabetic condition I have. He talked to me about that and told me some things to do - mainly a low-carb diet. Carbs are not my friends, but I sure do love them. I would rather eat carbs than anything else on earth. Anything sweet is my downfall, especially sweet tea. After all, I'm a true Southern girl. We just can't live without sweet tea. I guess I'll go to the health food store tomorrow and buy some Stevia and make my own tea. Bye-bye Sonic...... :(

I went to see Mama after church. She's been bugging me for weeks to bring the title to her car so she can sign it over to me. She won't ever drive again, though she has been able to get off two of her inhalers since she quit smoking. She is doing so much better. I visited with her about two and a half hours. Penny came by to get her grocery list and went and bought her groceries. Thank you, Penny, for helping out. And Aunt Margurete, I appreciate you more than you will know for all you do for Mama.

I took a nap after eating a bowl of Vance's famous chili. It was good. Got up and went back to church to help decorate the Christmas tree. We had a lot of help this year, so we finished at 9:00 instead of the usual 10:00. It looks beautiful. Will post a picture later.

Chad starts his new job (Thank You Lord) on Tuesday. I may have to chip in and pick up Hope on the days that Chad and Tabitha's schedules overlap. I'll just schedule my lunch for 2:00 in the afternoon. That won't be a problem.

It's way past time for me to be in bed. It's 12:45 a.m. I've got to get up and go to work in a few hours. Goodnight and God bless.............

No comments: