Where do I start? Because of my long nap yesterday, I was up late. About an hour after I got to bed, I was up again with the dogs. Don't know what their problem was, but they kept me up most of the night going in and out of the house. I would get to sleep and one of them would start scratching on the door to go out. Then, more scratching to get back in. No barking, so there was nothing in the yard. But, I was totally exhausted when Vance woke me up this morning around 8:30. I had to get up and get ready to take Mama to her doctor's appointment. She had called me several times over the weekend to remind me to pick her up, saying that I was so forgetful that I would probably forget her. No, I wouldn't. I don't forget something that important. I forget to go to my own doctor appointments, but I don't forget to take her or Daddy to their's.
I checked my email before I left and had a prayer request from Brenda. Jodi was in the hospital about to deliver her baby 8 weeks early. I prayed and sent out another prayer request.
I got to her house a little after 10:00 and she walked out with no oxygen on (remember this later). She got in the car and wasn't even breathing hard. She took her time getting strapped in and putting the oxygen on. She brought two more bottles in case we needed them. We got to the doctor's office and had to wait an hour. She was getting worried that she would run out of oxygen. While we are waiting, a man and woman come in and the woman is having difficulty breathing. Her husband tells the receptionist who calls a nurse. It takes about 15 minutes before they take her back into a room. I guess they examined her and decided she really was having problems, because they send her husband to get the car and take her out in a wheelchair. I'm assuming he took her straight to the ER.
They finally took us back to a room and the PA came in and said the biopsy was benign, but he didn't trust them. Boy, what a negative person! We waited another 30 minutes before the doctor came in. He said the biopsy was benign, but he thought the flat line polyp should be removed and he wanted her to see a surgeon. She could have it done within the next few months or up to a year. He said his office would set her up with the surgeon. She said she wanted to have it done as soon as possible. I asked him if there was a different way to clean yourself out before the test besides drinking that nasty stuff and he said no, but he did not recommend the 2 small Fleets drinks because they have been known to cause kidney failure. Great, those are the only kind I've ever had. He recommended the 1/2 gallon of stuff. I told him it was too salty for me and the salt caused me to have dizzy spells and vomiting. He didn't think it would bother me. Well, I'm still not convinced. If I do decide to have another colonoscopy, I'm going to go the natural way and get a colon cleanse and just fast beforehand. Rather be safe than sorry.
Okay, so now we're at the checkout window and I'm looking for my keys. They are nowhere to be found in my purse. By this time, Mama's oxygen tank is going into the red zone and her other tanks are in my locked up car. I told her to sit down in the waiting room and I'd go outside and see if my keys were locked in the car. She argued, but I made her sit down. By this time, I'm getting panicky. I could have used some of that oxygen. Sure enough, I get to the car and my keys are on the console. I called Penny and she was at work which is just a few blocks away from where we were. I told her it was an emergency and she was going to have to come get Mama and take her home before she ran out of oxygen. Then, I called Vance to come unlock my car. Penny was there by the time I went in to tell Mama. They made it home before she ran out of oxygen, but she kept saying she was getting dizzy. Nerves is what that was. I sat on the hood of the car and waited for Vance to come. I may be fat, but I had a guy wave at me as he passed by in a truck. That made me laugh. God knew I needed something to lighten my mood. I was feeling so bad about Mama. But, I knew she could make it without oxygen for a few minutes. Her doctor has just got her so convinced that she needs it 24/7 and that she will die if she doesn't have it. Not so. I've seen her walk and not get out of breath without her oxygen, like before going to the doctor.
After Vance came and unlocked my car, I went straight to the locksmith and had four keys made. Two of them, I attached to my wallet. Don't know what I'll do with the other two. Fran suggested I keep them at work in case I need somebody to come get me. I might just do that. After the locksmith, I went by McDonald's and got a burger and went to the marina to eat. I needed some peace and quiet. I had called to check on Jodi and she was doing fine. Then I went by the Credit Union and on to the hospital to see about Jodi. She and Scot were there and she was in great spirits. I stayed a few minutes and told her about our two little miracle preemie babies from church and they were excited about them. They are putting their trust in the Lord to see them through and to take care of the baby, who they named Leighton John Rutherford.
I left the hospital and carried the oxygen bottles to Mama. She didn't run out of oxygen. She still had some left. I told her I knew she would be fine. I figured the red zone gave you a warning, but that you would still have a good 15-30 minutes of oxygen left. It must be about 30. She probably won't ask me to take her anywhere again. Tabitha called and asked me if I could watch Hope for about an hour. Her schedule and Chad's were overlapping today. I said no problem, so I headed home. She brought Hope over and we played around on the computer and I printed some pictures out for her to take home. Chad came and got her. He was exhausted. He said the owner of the shop will pay for him to take a food handling course and take the test in November. He can become a crew leader before the course, but can't be a manager until he has the certificate. The owner really likes him and sees great potential in him. Right now, he's getting more hours than anybody else. That's good for paying the bills.
I've had a headache ever since the episode with Mama this morning. Vance brought home some fresh collards. I cleaned them and cooked them and he made my famous pork chop/potato/cream of mushroom soup casserole. Supper was good tonight. I was afraid the collards would be bitter because there hasn't been any frost, but they were good. Maybe there was frost wherever they came from.
Brenda called and let us know that the baby was born. He weighed 4 lbs. and is doing fine. The cord was wrapped around his neck twice. God was watching over him and every decision that had to be made was the right one. If they had done a C-section, he would have died. He is even rated high on the CPAS (CPAX??) scale. He won't have to have the tube down his nose to help him breath. Jodi is doing great. She was asking for a Cahall's chicken salad sandwich. It had been over 24 hours since she had eaten anything. I hope to be able to go up there tomorrow afternoon if Vance gets my brakes fixed in time. I can't wait to see little Leighton.
I think I better take something for this headache and go to bed. Hopefully, tonight won't be as bad as last night. I pray that the dogs sleep all night.
Goodnight and God bless..............
Tuesday, December 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment