Monday, December 29, 2008

After Midnight





After Midnight - isn't that a song? Once again, it's after midnight (today is Monday, Dec. 29th) and I'm still up. Does this happen when you get older? Both my parents are usually up after midnight, but my older-than-me husband goes to bed usually around 8:00 every night. Guess it's in the genes and not age. Or, it could be because I drink sweet iced tea all day long.......

I've been playing around with Photoshop Elements the past couple of nights trying to figure out a way to put watermarks on my photos so they won't be stolen off the internet. I've been following a website (Blissfully Domestic)that just happened to have a tutorial on how to put watermarks on your photos. How awesome is that? So, I've been playing around with it tonight. Some of the instructions I couldn't figure out - like how to bevel the watermark or import a logo - but I got enough to be able to watermark my photos. I may have to buy a program that does it for you so that I can watermark several hundred at a time. Can you see the watermarks on the pictures I've uploaded?

Saturday, I started cleaning the house and decluttering again. How do I accumulate so many things? I just don't know. One room we never got to was the bathroom, so that's the room I tackled. I organized my jewelry, which I have a ton of - all costume, of course. I'm not into the real stuff. I've got my diamond engagement ring, diamond eternity ring that Vance gave me for our 25th anniversary and a diamond ring that my mother gave me that was given to her by my brother Earl. She gave it to me last Christmas because I took care of Earl when he had cancer and she said she knew he would have wanted me to have it. I cried like a baby when she gave it to me, but I don't wear it much. Just for special occasions, which are very few and far between in my life. I'm not the type of person who likes to flash expensive jewelry around. I like being able to have more of something rather than spend a fortune and only have one.

Yesterday (since it's already after midnight) I went to church. It was pretty cool what Mrs. Sandi did. Pastor Sammy is out of the hospital (after having triple by-pass surgery). She called him on the phone and put him on speaker, so we could all tell him we loved and missed him and he told us that he was so thankful for his church family, he loved us and he hoped to see us next Sunday. He sounded really good.

Judy and Jamie brought their new baby, Jaden, to church for the second time. She's one of the prettiest babies I've ever seen. Wish I had taken my camera. I never think to use my cell phone camera and I've always got it with me. Crystal and Jarrett and their little girl, Abbigayle, was there, too. She's a doll baby. They just got back from a trip to Alaska. A place I'd love to go. I'd just like to go anywhere new where I could take pictures.

Well, I guess I better try and get some sleep. I've got to take Mama to the doctor around 10:30 this morning. She's already called a half dozen times to make sure I don't forget. Then, I'm going to come home and start on one of the bedrooms. Penny is bringing back the bed I loaned her, so I need to set up that bedroom. I'll be off until Jan. 5th, so I hope to get a lot done around the house.

After church, I ate, watched a little TV with Vance, then took a five hour nap. Maybe that's why I can't go to sleep.......Ya think???

No comments: