Monday, December 01, 2008

Back to Work Tomorrow

It sure has been nice having off for four days. Even though I spent most of the time on the couch trying to keep the dizzy spells from coming back.

We had a very untraditional Thanksgiving this year. My mother-in-law is in the hospital recovering from encephelitis. Which is really weird, because my aunt had the same thing last Thanksgiving. My MIL is doing fine. We thank the Lord for her quick recovery. It took months for my aunt to recover, but she's fine, too.

So, our Thanksgiving was celebrated at my MIL and FIL's house. Mac is recovering from hip replacement surgery, so we went to him. This year, 10 members of the family were out of town visiting the wive's families. My kids were among them. Brenda decided to order our meal from PoFolks instead of everybody cooking and bringing dishes (to tell you the truth, the best cooks were out of town). We did have some very special guests this year. Troy and Stacy's boys, Michael and Corey, brought their girlfriends. And our nephew, Chris, brought his wife and two children. We haven't seen Chris in eight years. Had never met his wife and kids. He has a boy, Colin, who is three and reminds me so much of Chris when he was that age. And, they have a little one month old little girl named Elijah. She is so precious. But, she has acid reflux really bad and stops breathing. She has some sort of monitor attached to her chest to go off if she does stop breathing. Please pray for her that she will be totally healed of this problem.

Friday, I slept late. That's very unusual for me. But those dizzy spells seem to be trying to come back. I think I know why. Last week, I ate a lot of salty stuff (nachos, tostitos)and that is what caused my last big episode - salty fries from McD's. I was on the floor of my bathroom throwing up for over five hours. After being picked up from Cato's by Vance, where the problem started. I spent an hour in their bathroom so dizzy I couldn't open my eyes without throwing up. I spent most of the day Friday on the couch, until Daddy called needing some groceries. I got dressed and went to the store and spent about an hour with him looking at paperwork that we need to fill out for his medicine.

Saturday morning, Vance went to play golf with Troy. Again, I slept late. Got up and moved to the couch and stayed there till after Vance got home. Because I slept so much, I couldn't go to bed until around 3:00 this morning. When I tried to get up to get ready for church, I almost fell down. My balance was off really bad this morning. So, I called and left a message for Karen that I wouldn't be there, and I fell back asleep. Kim called around 10:00. She had gotten to church and didn't see my car, so she called to see if I was okay. She is so sweet. I went back to sleep and slept till around 1:00. I'm feeling better now. No more salt for me, that's for sure!

Yesterday, I put a package of 15 bean soup mix in the crock pot along with ham that Vance had smoked, added a few extra spices and let it cook. It wasn't done by suppertime, so we ate the ham and beans that we had cooked the night before (he cooked the ham, I warmed up a can of Southern Style pinto beans). We did eat it for supper tonight and it was pretty good. I even made cookies for Vance's sudden sweet tooth. He had me make cinnamon rolls last night. That's the most cooking I've done in ages. He's always the one to cook. I'm planning on making Pumpkin Bread for Christmas. Chad really missed it last year, so I promised to make it this year.

Penny and I talked last night and neither one of us had potato salad for Thanksgiving. That's always one of the things either Mama or I make. It's been a tradition all my life to have it for Thanksgiving and Christmas, along with everything else you can imagine. I know most people usually only eat it in the summer, but both sides of my family always had potato salad at every holiday. I guess I'll just have to make some for Christmas.

I guess I better start getting ready for bed since I have to go to work tomorrow. I'm sure I'll be busy playing catch up on timesheets. A lot of the guys will be on vacation till the end of the year, so I won't have too many to do. That's a good thing.

Well, goodnight and God Bless.............

No comments: