Mrs. Sandi called after Pastor Sammy went to the doctor this morning. They are planning on doing open heart surgery (triple by-pass) on him on Friday. We're still praying for a miracle to happen before the surgery. Please pray for him.
Our new timekeeping system was supposed to be downloaded overnight and it was, but it still doesn't work. Kim and I spent the morning working on entering info in one field of the account number because of an email we got this morning. Why we had to do it, we don't have a clue. It seems nobody in Pensacola or anywhere else has even tried to enter time, because when Kim called the guy in charge, he didn't know there were any problems. What a mess!
We (Kim, Jeff and I) got on a conference call with Mark in Pensacola and tried to make sense of what was going on. We thought we had it figured out, but after lunch we found out what we had done was wrong and the system should fill in that field automatically. All the work we did was for nothing.
When I talked to Jimmy, the Substation supervisor, he had not even heard that there were going to be changes made. They just have not communicated to anybody! Usually, when we are going to change the system, we work dual systems - the regular one and then a test system. We enter time on both and see what bugs are left in the new version. We usually do that for several months before it is changed. Not this time. There has been no testing at all that we can see. None of the timekeepers were kept in the loop. We were the very last to find out and only through other people. We didn't received any of the emails. Now, it seems the supervisors didn't get those emails either.
Jimmy had called early and invited Beth and me to lunch. He wanted to show his appreciation for all we do for him during the year. We decided on Red Lobster and all met there at 11:30. Had a great lunch. Jimmy and Vance went to school together and we talked about Vance. Jimmy said that Vance was very, very smart in school. Never had to study. I said "That's where the boys get their brains from; definitely not me." What is even funnier is that Jimmy and I lived about three doors down from one another and probably played together when I was in the 2nd through the 5th grade. I don't remember any of the kids from the neighborhood (too many years have passed), but I know that we all played together. Small world, isn't it?
Got back to work and decided to try to enter a timesheet since Mark said everything should be working. WRONG!!!! The account numbers still are not valid. Boy, this is putting me way behind. I had hoped to take a day off this week and take my niece, Natalie, shopping. That's not gonna happen. I may not even be able to take off the day after Christmas. But, I'm glad I have the week after Christmas off because the timekeeping system will be down that entire week. I would have just been sitting at my desk twiddling my thumbs unless I could find something to do. I pray that the system is working tomorrow.
I had an appointment with Marsha after work to get my hair colored. That's the one thing I do for myself every 5-6 weeks. I used to color my hair myself, but now I let Marsha do it.
Okay, it's after midnight and I read an article today that says people who don't get enough sleep cannot lose weight. I'm sure that is one of my problems, cause I sure don't get much sleep.
Goodnight and God bless...
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment