Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Homegoing

Today was my uncle's funeral. Uncle Rudolph was the District Commander for the Royal Rangers for many years and there were many nice things said about him and his love for the young men who were in the Royal Rangers. My sons were RR's for a couple of years during his reign. I think they really enjoyed their time there. My cousin Beverly's daughter, Ashley, sang a song in honor of her Grandfather and it was so beautiful. She has an amazing voice. I never knew that about her.

The preacher actually preached a sermon of my uncle's on the 23rd Psalm. It was so good and such a blessing to hear. Yes, my uncle was also a pastor. How he found time to do all that he did, I just don't know.

I took Daddy to the funeral, but he wasn't feeling up to going to the cemetery so I rushed him home and headed to the cemetery. I flew up Hwy 231 to Evergreen and no one was there. I knew they couldn't have all left that quick, so I looked at the little funeral announcement I got at the church and realized I was at the wrong cemetery. He was being laid to rest in Greenwood - clear across town. So, I'm talking to myself and debating "do I go or do I just go back to work?" I decided to go and see if anyone was still there. Well, I got there right after the service was over, but I did get to speak to everybody and hand out my cards so they would all have my email and phone number.

My cousin, Bucky, promised to email me and he did through Facebook tonight. At least I know I'll stay in contact with Bucky and Melissa, my 2nd cousin. We have got to get a reunion together sometime soon. Cousin Ronnie promised to email me when he got back home. I think he and his daughter are coming back in a few weeks. Maybe we can all get together then.

I realize we are all busy and have jobs and families of our own, but I miss seeing my cousins, aunts and uncles. I've reached out. Let's see how many reach back. :)

I went back to work and had an appointment after work to get my hair colored. It sure did need it. I had about a two inch gray streak running down the middle of my head. I'm just not ready to go gray yet. Maybe when I'm in my 70's.......

I missed Praise and Worship practice, but I made it for intercessory prayer. God is so awesome and all He wants is our love and praise and thanks for what He has done for us. Sarah reminded us "Give Him praise no matter what the circumstance." I plan on doing more of that.

Sarah pulled me aside after prayer and said she had to tell me something about last Wednesday night. She said she had been praying the scripture "Faith is the substance of things hoped for; the evidence of things not seen" over a situation in her life. I had taken my granddaughter, Hope, to church. She hasn't been in awhile and as we were walking to the car after church, she said "Nonna, aren't we going inside?" I said "If you want to." She said "Yes, I need to see some people and hug them." So we went inside. She ran up to Mrs. Sandi and gave her a hug and Pastor Sammy, then she went looking for Sarah. She ran up behind her and hugged her. Sarah turned around thinking it was Little Sarah and was surprised to see that it was Hope. Hope squeezed her and told her "I love you", then she was ready to go home. Well, as Sarah was leaving church, the Lord brought back to her remembrance the scripture she had been praying and in her spirit, she heard "Tonight I brought you Hope to let you know that I love you." He used my little Hope to minister to Sarah. Isn't He an awesome God?

It's been a very tiring day and I'm going to bed early tonight. Goodnight and God bless............

No comments: