On my way to work this morning, I stopped in Sonic to get a Route 44 unsweet tea - Stevia now, no sugar. As I was pulling out, my sister was pulling in. She waved and smiled that beautiful smile of hers, then called me on my cell phone. We had a nice conversation until we both got to work. I sure do love my sister. She was asking about Uncle Rudolph's funeral because she couldn't get off work to go. I told her how nice it was and the stupid mistake I made in thinking the burial was at Evergreen when it was all the way across town at Greenwood. She thought that was funny - me racing all over town just to be able to see the family one more time.
Mama beeped in, so we hung up. Mama had gotten her power bill and wanted me to pay it. That's one thing I do for her - pay her bills. Penny buys her groceries and Aunt Margurete takes her to the doctor, Chip cuts her grass. With Daddy, I do it all.
After talking to Mama and paying her bill, I got a call from Melissa at Hollywood Thrift Shop. I stopped in there two or three Saturday's ago to check it out and bought a couple of tops and a pair of capris. She was having a drawing for a Father's Day basket to help out a family whose father has cancer. He's only 28 years old. I bought six tickets and as I was walking out the door, I prayed "Lord, please let me win this basket so I can give it to that young man. His family doesn't have money to buy extra things and this man deserves something nice on Father's Day." I prayed for his healing and then just forgot all about the raffle. Well, guess what? I won the basket! Melissa called to tell me that I could come by and pick it up. Without even hesitating, I said "Melissa, would you please give it to the young man that you were trying to bless with the raffle proceeds? I really want him to have it." She started crying and said that her husband was going by to visit with him today and he would take it to him. See, God does hear our prayers. And He blessed me so much by allowing me to win that basket so that I could bless someone else. I am just in awe of His grace and mercy and goodness. I do pray for his complete healing so that he can be around to see his children grow up and get married and give him grandchildren. I don't even know his name, but God knows him. If you are reading this, please just say a prayer for him. I just can't stop praising My Father. I am so blessed!
Trent called and asked if I'd pick him and Hope up for church. Of course! I love to take them to church. We had a good service again tonight. Pastor Sammy has been sick and out a lot, but he did a great job tonight. Praise and Worship was so sweet. God is really moving in our song services. We don't perform; we worship with all our hearts. It's great to see the young people get out of their seats and line up across the front of the church and worship with us. No inhabitions. They are free to worship in our church. And even to see the little children leave the security of their parents to come forward and clap and sing along. What a moving experience. You know it comes from the heart because they don't act up; they truly worship.
It's getting close to midnight and I need my beauty sleep (all I can get!!). Goodnight and God bless...........
Thursday, June 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment