Sunday, June 14, 2009

More Miracles

Today didn't start off very well. Daddy called around 8:30 to tell me that his brother, my Uncle Rudolph, passed away in his sleep last night. That was a shock. Daddy asked me to call Penny and Chip and let them know. I told Daddy I'd take him to see the family anytime he wanted to go. I called Penny and Chip and then Aunt Rose. She said Uncle Rudolph had been having some problems with his legs and was in a wheelchair. He told his wife that he didn't want to live that way and had been praying for God to carry him home. I guess he got his prayers answered.

I went and weighed in this morning. I've lost 28.6 lbs. While I was there, they asked me if I could take a picture of some kind of pink junk food so they could post the names of people who lose weight around it. I had made one of some candy with the inscription "Nothing tastes as good as being skinny feels" and they had been using it, but wanted to change it out. So, I went next door to the Dollar Store to look for pink candy, but couldn't find anything but pink iced animal crackers. Bought a bag and came home and took pictures. Nah, that's not what I want.

I just sat around watching movies until Vance got home. Kim called after she dropped Hope off at home and asked if I just wanted to ride around. I told her about the assignment and she came and picked me up. Vance wanted to take a nap anyway. We went to the candy store in the mall and they let me take pictures, then we decided to drive out to Pier Park and take pictures at the Candymaker Store. Also took pictures of the original carousel that used to be at Miracle Strip. Kim had never eaten a burger from Five Guys Burgers and Fries, so I told her I'd buy supper. She didn't want to do it because she didn't want to compromise my diet. I told her it was okay. I ordered a small hamburger, ate just a few of the fries and had water. While we were waiting for our order to come up, I had been watching the lady put the burgers together. She seemed a little familiar, but I couldn't place her. She looked at me and motioned me over. She said "What's your name?" I said "Pat." She said "Patsy?" and I knew right away that she was Jennifer's mother. I walked over and she came to the counter. I asked how Jennifer was and she said she had just talked to her today. They now live in Mobile. I wrote down my phone number and asked her to give it to Jennifer. (Jennifer was my brother, Earl's, wife.)I have been praying that I could reconnect with Jennifer and Anthony, my nephew. Jennifer's mom said Anthony was tall and had hair just like Earl (very curly) and had Earl's personality. I just burst into tears. She said she would call me and get my address and send me pictures of Anthony. He was only three when Earl died and that's been 11 years ago. I haven't seen him since he was about four. I hugged her and walked back over to Kim. Kim asked if I needed to go outside. I told her "No, these are happy tears. That was Jennifer's mom and I'm just praising God for answering my prayers. I don't care if people see me cry." What a blessing and miracle from God. I am so excited.

When I got home, I called Penny to tell her. She was excited and amazed, too. She said "Isn't it great that God sent you there?" We both want to go see him if she will let us. Thank You, Lord, for answered prayer.

Now, I've got to go to bed. It's almost 1:00am and I've got to get up and go to church in a few hours. Can't wait to see what God is going to do next.

No comments: