What an awesome day I've had. Just have to share another little tidbit about Alan. Kim has been praying for him all week, like we all have. But, she said when she prayed, she saw him walking with Jesus and the song that Patsy Cline sang "After Midnight" kept going through her mind. The words were changed a little, but the tune was the same. It was "After midnight, we'll be talking. After midnight, we'll be walking." She shared this with our internet prayer group this morning and Donna wrote her back this amazing testimony. Donna said that every day when she visited Alan, she would pull up the covers to look at the color of his legs and feet to make sure the blood was circulating. And every day, Alan's feet looked dirty. They didn't look that way in the beginning and she knew he hadn't been able to get up and walk, so she asked him why his feet were dirty. This is where it gets good! Alan said that after everybody had gone and most people were asleep, he would see himself and Jesus walking and talking. Is that not the most awesome testimony you have ever heard? In the Spirit, Alan and Jesus have been walking after midnight and the evidence is on Alan's feet! How great is our God!!!
I had a great lunch at Sweet Magnolia's with several of the women from SUMC. Lynn was there again. Lynn and I were blessed to have Donna and her granddaughter, Wanda, Olga and Jasmine join us. Jasmine is one of the youth and she still looks as beautiful as she did when she was in the youth group. She now has two children. (Yes, Pat, you are getting old.) Hopefully, we can get another group together next week. This is getting to be a lot of fun.......
You remember from yesterday's post that Trent asked me to go to VBS with him for Family night. I was afraid I wouldn't be able to get off in time, but I actually finished the timesheets an hour before time to get off. I figured lunch would have put me behind, but God had plans for me to hear another awesome testimony. I got to the church at 5:30 and the doors were not open yet. I followed a couple of ladies into another door and we decided to sit together. Never met either one of them and they had never met each other. We were all there for our grandchildren. We sat down and one of the ladies started telling us her story. 15 years ago, she was in a horrible car crash in Baton Rouge. She broke every bone in her body, including three breaks in her back and her neck was broken. Her left arm was crushed and 1/3 of her brain was damaged. She had internal injuries. When she got to the hospital, two doctors were arguing about whether to even treat her. They only gave her 1% chance to live. One percent! When her daughter got to the hospital, she told them they better do everything they could possibly do for her mother. Well, they said they would probably need to amputate the left arm because it was in such bad shape. Her daughter said no, so they put titanium rods in her arm. She was in a coma and on a ventilator for over a year. When she came out of the coma, she had to relearn how to talk, eat, walk. It was just like she was a newborn baby. For 12 years, her family had to do everything for her and she even learned her ABC's with her granddaughter. This woman is a walking/talking miracle. She does not even walk with a limp, her arm is perfect. You can only see a few small scars. She started driving a little over a year ago. What a testimony she had of a miracle-working God. I felt so blessed to be allowed to hear her testimony. I never got her name because the program started and we didn't speak again the rest of the night. And the kids did a great job. The whole VBS theme was on worship.
Speaking of miracles, I have to share a miracle happening to my dog, Vinnie. Back in November, he got a spot on the top of his head that just kept getting bigger. I was sure it was a tumor, probably cancer. At the time, we didn't have money to take him to the vet. He's 17 and had just about lost all of his hearing. But, I'm just not ready to let him go yet, so I started laying hands on him every day and praying for him. One night, I had a dream that the thing was going to dry up and fall off. I've been holding on to that as a promise from God. Well, the tumor kept getting bigger until it was about two inches long and an inch wide. It actually looked like a brain on top of his head. It never seemed to bother him. He never seemed to be in pain at all. Sometimes he would bump it on the wall and it would bleed a little, but he never whimpered when I would touch it. I kept praying. Well, guess what? God even cares for our pets. The thing is now smaller than a quarter and he's even getting his hearing back! You used to have to be right on top of him for him to hear you. I started using sign language to get him to come and stay. Now, he hears my car drive up again and runs to the door. He hasn't done that in over a year. My husband is amazed. I had told him that I was praying for Vinnie to be healed and he's the one who told me that "not only is the thing on his head getting smaller, but he's able to hear again." Who knows, it may be through the healing of Vinnie that draws my husband back to God and gets him in church. I will take it any way I can get it. I should have photographed that thing on his head, but it was so gross that I didn't want a reminder of it. I've prayed for God to extend his life longer than a normal lifespan for dogs (and for Shadow, too). Our dogs are like children to us and they bring us so much joy. And Vinnie always knows when I'm sick or hurting emotionally and he will not leave my side. He's another miracle in the making.
I just can't wait to see what God is going to do tomorrow. Goodnight and God bless...
Saturday, June 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment