I was able to get a good night's sleep last night. No problems from the surgery. I woke up early and Vance went to work. I'm not having any pain and my nose didn't bleed during the night. I feel great!
I got up and did a few things around the house. I hung up some pictures in the hall using those Hercules Hooks. I'm telling you, they are wonderful for sheetrock walls. Then I decided to go to the Credit Union to get our money for the weekend. Fran is going to reschedule her surgery for the week after next. That will work out better for me, too. It will be a payday week, so I won't have to be rushed to do the timesheets. And if she is having problems on Friday, I can go sit with her in the hospital. But, I don't expect her to have any problems.
I went over to Kim's office and she talked me into going to lunch with her, Kenny B. and Tom. We went to a Chinese Restaurant. It was good. I haven't had Chinese in a couple of years. After leaving the office, I went to Jo-Ann Fabrics to buy some photo mats, but found out they don't carry them except in the Jo-Ann Super Stores. Wish we had one here. I bought some clear plastic containers for $.99 each. I had bought some shelving from Target and put it together today. The containers were a perfect fit. I have found one reason I have so much junk in my house is that I put it away in containers that I can't see into and I just forget I have it and go out and buy more. So, I'm going to start buying clear containers to store my stuff in. And, of course, label everything. When I got home, I realized I needed a couple more of those containers, so I went back to Jo-Ann's and bought four more.
I cleaned a little in my computer room and set the new shelves up on my desk. My room is beginning to come together.
When I got home from Jo-Ann's, I started sneezing. I guess it was from being around all those potpourri and candles. But, it didn't hurt my nose. I can't blow my nose for several days, so I just have to sniff. That's no fun. I did find out that I have stitches in my nose. It looks like he cut through the nostril from the left side to get to the right side. Probably to be able to fit the instrument in at a straighter angle. Still, I believe I'm doing wonderful considering I just had surgery. There's no swelling and no bruising on my face. Nobody can even tell I've had anything done to my nose. That's a good thing.
Today was more like vacation than recuperation. Was able to get things done that I hadn't thought I could do. Figured I would be laid up on the couch all weekend. Penny asked me to go to Shipwreck and I considered it today, but it's just too hot. They say even the water is hot - it's like a sauna or hot tub. No, I'll pass on that. Plus, I burn way too easy. Tomorrow, I'm going to put together my filing cube and go get some hanging file folders. I'm bound and determined to get organized to make my girls proud (Tabitha and Michelle).
Well, I've got a little time tonight that I can throw in a load of clothes to wash, so I guess I'll get busy.
Goodnight and God bless..................
Saturday, August 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment