I've had a wonderful weekend visiting with Vance and Fox while Michelle went away with a group of girls to a "girls only" getaway. She had a great time and so did we.
I said in my last blog that I wouldn't be leaving until 7:00 or 8:00 Saturday morning. Well, I woke up at 4:00 and couldn't go back to sleep; so I got up and took a shower, packed and was on my way at 6:15 - just like my husband said. I stopped in Blountstown and got a cup of coffee - no food, just coffee. That was bad enough - I had broken my "no caffeine" rule.
Arrived at Vance's and had to wait an hour before I could play with Fox. He had just been put down for his morning nap. Vance dozed on the couch and I read a book "The Penny" by Joyce Meyer and Deborah Bedford. If you haven't read it, it's a really good book. I could relate to Jenny.
My husband, Vance, called around 2:00 and said he was on his way. About 30 minutes later, he called back and said he wasn't coming. His truck was showing that there was something wrong with his battery. He was turning around and going home, if he could make it. He called me back later and said he couldn't find anything wrong with the battery when he hooked it up to the charger and his gas gauge was acting up, too. Looks like they didn't connect his electrical system right when they put his truck back together. He wasn't going to be able to join us. He was sorry that he couldn't see Vance and Fox. I was just glad he was okay and hadn't gotten on the interstate and something happen to the truck. He will take it back on Monday and see what they can do about it.
Fox woke up and we fed him and played with him and had a great time. Of course, I took bunches of pictures.
You can see them at www.picasaweb.google.com/rutherford.patricia He is a smart little boy. Michelle taught him the sign for dog. He sticks out his tongue and pants like a dog. It is so cute. He's saying Mama now and I tried my best to get him to say Nonna, but he'd only say Mama or Daddy. Vance and I took him to his first car show at Sonic. Of course, Vance had to drive Maggie, his '55 Chevy BelAire. There were some nice cars there. We fed Fox and ate something ourselves and walked around and looked at the cars. It was really hot, so we didn't stay too long. Fox had a great time, especially watching the people.
After we got Fox to bed, Vance and I sat up and talked awhile and he worked on Penny's computer. There were a lot of viruses on it. I slept on the couch and Vance went to bed. Fox didn't wake up at all.
Got up this morning and Michelle had a schedule for me to follow with Fox, so I followed it to the tee. Took him for a walk and walked the whole way around the circle. I think Vance said it was about a mile. The last couple of blocks were the hardest. I didn't think I was going to make it up that hill. I don't get any exercise, so it was pretty hard there at the end. It was a beautiful place to walk and Fox loved it. He didn't say a word, just looked at everything and then he'd look up at me and smile. He was getting tired at the end, too. By the time we got back, it was time for his nap. Believe me, I wanted one, too. But I was afraid I wouldn't wake up. I sat for awhile and drank some water to let my leg cramps subside. They didn't last long. Read a little in my book, then washed the dishes and straighted up the toys. I waited until he had been asleep about 30 minutes, then I jumped in the shower. I had him awake and was changing him when Vance came home. He finished dressing him and we headed off to church. Ran into Christopher's parents in the foyer. They were in town to help Christopher with his kids while Sandra went with the girls to the lake. Had a good service and then we went back home.
I started gathering my stuff and loaded up the car to come home. Kissed them goodbye and headed for McDonalds to get some tea to keep me awake. I always take a nap on Sunday afternoon and I knew I would be getting very sleepy while driving if I didn't get some caffeine in me. So much for my "no caffeine" rule this weekend. As I was about to get on the interstate, I thought I had left something on the couch, so I called Vance. No, there was nothing on the couch, but I had forgotten Penny's computer. I turned around and went back to get it. Fox was asleep by then. We had to wait while Vance fixed one more thing, then I got on the road again. I got home around 3:30. My dogs really missed me. Shadow was jumping around and whining when I went in the bathroom. Vinnie started barking. They wanted my attention. Vance said Vinnie had gone to the front door at noon and stayed there all afternoon. He knows what time I come home from church on Sunday's. After greeting them, I fed them and layed down on the couch and took a quick nap.
Penny came and got her computer. I uploaded the pictures to my Picasa album and finished reading "The Penny." Very good book.
Now, it's time for me to go to bed. I'm tired, but I'm happy. I had a great weekend!
Goodnight and God bless.................

No comments:
Post a Comment