Friday, August 10, 2007

One Week and Counting........

Next week at this time, I'll be at home recovering from surgery to get that bone spur removed from my sinus cavity. Still don't know the time of the surgery. I'll find that out when I go for my pre-op appointment on Monday. Keep me in your prayers.

Well, I've been doing eSTARS exclusively for nine days. I've managed to keep up and I'm getting faster at inputting. Yesterday, I found another little problem. I just wish that some other crew timekeepers would get busy and try out this new system. They might could find problems that I haven't encountered yet. It's kinda hard being the only person trying to figure out what's wrong with the system. Boy, are they gonna be surprised when they start working in it.

I took my printer back to Best Buy today at lunch to see if they could figure out what's wrong with it. Nope, they gotta send it off. I'm going through printer withdrawal right now. I sure hope it doesn't take long to get it back. It was two months when they sent my Epson off. I hope HP is faster at diagnosing and repairing. There is so much that I'd like to be doing right now. I have this idea for making cards, but I've got to print out photographs in order to make them. I've even thought of using my credit card to go buy one of those $99 printers that you can carry around with you, but so far, I've been able to control myself. Vance asked if I could rent a printer. Don't know of anybody who rents them out. Hey, that might be a business to get into....

Since I didn't blog last night (just too tired when I got home from church - more on that later), I'll tell you where Kim and I ate lunch. There's a new restaurant called "The Casserole Lady" downtown. We decided to try it. It's really a cool place. They make all the casserole's themselves in individual aluminum dishes - like what you get from frozen lasagna. They heat them up and you've got your own personal casserole. We had enchiliadas. It was pretty good. Also had a tossed salad and bread. Not bad for $5.95. They also make sandwiches. I'm sure we'll go back there again sometime.

As for church last night, Pastor showed a Christian comedy DVD called "Thou Shalt Laugh". Patricia Heaton (of "Everybody Loves Raymond") was the hostess. We only got to see three of the comedians, but they were hilarious. I haven't laughed that much in years. I've got to get a copy of it and show it to Vance. Tabitha wants to get one for Chad. There were a couple of people who literally fell off their chairs onto the floor laughing. Good, clean fun. I think Pastor knew we all needed a laugh. We all take life much to seriously and never find the time to just bust out into a good ole belly laugh. Well, we did last night. Kim and I emailed Pastor today and thanked him and asked if we could see the rest of it next Wednesday night. That would be just what the doctor ordered right before I go into surgery the next day. Laughter doeth good like a medicine.

After work today, I went and picked up Trent and carried him to buy school supplies. He wanted to go to Target, so that's where we went. I think we got some pretty good deals. He should be set for school when it starts week after next. He said he was ready to start now.

Got home and talked to Vance. He told me one of the guys he worked with noticed that he hadn't been smoking (four weeks today). He wanted to know how he did it. Vance told him the name of the drug the doctor gave him - Chantix. The guy went on the internet and ordered some. Vance paid around $60 (insurance won't cover it) and the guy will have to pay over $100. I guess that's because he doesn't have a prescription. It has really worked. I'm so proud of Vance.

I'm doing pretty good with watching what I eat. I've lost 14 1/2 lbs. so far. Vance is eating healthier, too. He doesn't need to lose weight, but he does need to get his cholesteral down.

Now that I'm not drinking tea up until bedtime, I've begun to get sleepy earlier. So, maybe it was the caffeine that was keeping me up all night. Who knows? Saying that, I think I'll start getting ready for bed.

Goodnight and God bless..............

No comments: