Yesterday, I had big plans to clean my house since I will be recuperating from surgery next weekend. It didn't happen. I ended up washing three loads of clothes and folding them. My shoulder was still hurting and I was wore out from all that mental pressure of trying to do eSTARS all week. I dozed off and on all day between loads of clothes. Who says working with your brain isn't tiring? Sometimes, it's worse than physical work. Actually, physical work usually energizes me. I even went to bed early last night.
It was hard to get up this morning. I overslept and almost didn't go to church. Vance assurred me that I would have time to get ready and I did. Pastor preached on depression today. It's not a sin to be depressed. Everybody gets depressed sometime in their lives. I've been there several times in my life, but God always brought me out of it.
Was really bad at lunch today. I was craving fried chicken, so I went to KFC and got some. I only ate half of it. It really wasn't as good as I had dreamed it would be. Next time, if I'm going to be bad, I'll go with a hamburger. What's funny is that Vance grilled chicken for supper. The grilled chicken was much better than the fried.
I worked in the dining/craft room trying to clean it up. It looks pretty good. Hopefully, that will be the next room Vance puts flooring in. We will need help moving the big pieces of furniture out. That's where all my photos are located.
I'm having printer withdrawal real bad. I've got so many ideas running around in my head that I want to try out, but I need a printer to get them done. Gloria offered to give me hers, but it's not a good photo quality printer. She was so sweet to offer it though. This is another good lesson in patience. I'll just have to write down my ideas and put them to work as soon as I get mine back.
I started writing in my Gratitude Journal again today. I had forgotten about it until I found it in a box in the dining/craft room. It's mostly a craft room since we don't have a dining room table in there. Maybe when we get the floor down, I'll turn it back into a dining room. I have so much to be grateful for. If we all sit down and start writing, we will find that our lives really are full and that we have a lot to be thankful for. If you've never done it, sit down and write down some of the things that you are grateful for: family, friends, good health, good job (whether it be a career outside the home or a mother/homemaker in the home), etc. I'm sure you can come up with a lot of things that you are grateful for.
Usually on Sunday afternoon, I always take a nap. I didn't even get sleepy today. I guess I'm getting enough sleep during the week that I don't need the Sunday nap. I'm wondering if it's because I quit drinking tea. Maybe the caffeine really was keeping me awake. Now, I start getting sleepy around 10:00. That's a whole lot earlier than the 12:00-2:00 time I used to go to bed.
Speaking of bed, it's getting close to 10:00. Guess I should be winding down and start getting ready for bed. Goodnight and God bless...................
Monday, August 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment