Saturday, August 11, 2007

I Did It! eSTARS, that is.

Woke up to a bad thunderstorm. Vinnie followed me around the house like a shadow. Shadow, on the other hand, just layed in one spot. The thunder doesn't bother her, but it scares Vinnie.

Went to work and got busy inputting my timesheets. I've worked in eSTARS the entire pay period and I managed to get it all done and locked and approved before 4:00. I even had to input 5 timesheets from the Chipley office. I feel pretty good about doing a whole two weeks' worth of time on eSTARS. Did come across a couple more problems. That's why I'm so intent on doing time in eSTARS instead of regular STARS. I need to find all the problems before they take STARS away from us. And if the other crew timekeepers aren't even trying out the new system, nobody else is finding the trouble spots. I don't want to be surprised when they turn off STARS and some problem creeps up that can't be fixed. I want it all taken care of now.

Kim and I went to Hungry Howie's and got a steak sandwich. It was pretty good. It's been years since I've had anything from there. Vance and I used to eat there about once every two weeks when we were eating lunch together.

After lunch, I was so sleepy. I know it's because of the bread and I didn't have caffeine to go with my lunch. Still not drinking tea except maybe once a week.

My shoulder is giving me a fit. It hurts so bad. I know it's because I stay so tense trying to get my work done. Maybe now that I've managed to do as much as I've done, I can stop being so tense about the new system. I know now that I can do it.

Came home and Gloria called to see if I could help her open up a Picasa account. I walked her through the steps. Then the computer kicked her out. She's been having trouble with her DSL connection.

Since, I can't print or scan anything, I loaded some of my brother's pictures into an album on Picasa. He passed away 9 years ago of cancer. I still miss him and think about him every day. I wonder about his son, Anthony. We haven't seen him in several years. I think Jennifer is living in Mobile now. I'd sure like to see them.

Well, I'm getting tired, so I guess I'll go to bed. Goodnight and God bless..............

No comments: