Thursday, October 04, 2007

Back to Work

I felt a little better when I got up this morning. At least, I could get up and get ready and go to work. We had our normal safety meeting, so I had to get there early. Found out I have to be there early on Friday, too - some secret meeting we're having. The meeting's not a secret, but the subject is. Whatever!!!

Was very busy all day. That's what happens when you lay out for a day and have all your work backing up on you when you get back. Gene called from Chipley and he's leaving this afternoon to go to the races in Talladega, so that means I have to do his timesheets for the next couple of days. It's not too bad. I think he has less than 15 people. And from what I've heard, by the end of the year, I'll be doing them anyway. That's called job security.

Mama called and wanted me to go to the Credit Union and get her some money. I carried it to her at lunch because I had to go get groceries for Daddy and pick up his SS check after work. I stopped by my new favorite eating place and got smoked chicken, green beans, new potatoes and a roll. The chicken just melted in your mouth. It was so good.

After work, I went grocery shopping and then delivered the groceries to Daddy, picked up his check, rushed home, kissed Vance, brushed my teeth, kissed him again and headed out the door. Tabitha called as I was on my way out. They are all sick and she asked if I could come by and pick up something to give to Mrs. Sarah. I got there and Hope didn't want me to leave. I picked her up and she just laid her head on my shoulder and didn't want to let go. It was so pitiful. She is running a fever. Tabitha and Trent are having reactions to a new medicine and they didn't feel good at all. You could tell Trent didn't feel good. He was laying his head on the table trying to eat, then got up and went to the couch without finishing his food. I just wanted to hold them all. I said a prayer over them and headed on to church.

Church was good, but I missed Tabitha and the kids. Came home and ate and now it's time to go to bed. I've got a full day ahead of me tomorrow, too. (No wonder my body wants to shut down and demand sleep. It's getting tired.)

Goodnight and God bless.................

No comments: