Happy birthday to Michelle and Fox. I can't believe Fox is a year old. They do grow up fast. And I imagine Michelle's mother is thinking the same thing about how old Michelle is. It's hard to believe your children are old enough to have children of their own. I called Michelle and she was babysitting two other little boys. It sounded like they were really having fun. Vance had given her flowers (that's my boy!) before he went to work. Anyway, I just want to say how blessed we are to have Michelle in our family. I love her like a daughter and am so thankful God brought Vance such a beautiful, godly woman for a wife. I have the best daughters-in-law in the whole wide world. I wouldn't trade them for all the gold and silver in the world and I mean that from the bottom of my heart. Michelle and Tabitha own a very big part of my heart. May God bless them both. Special blessings today for Michelle and Fox!!! I LOVE YOU GUYS! XOXOXOX
My department had a meeting with one of the VP's at work this morning. He was telling us about all the new changes that have been made and were still in the process of being made. What he couldn't tell me is who I will be reporting to when the changes are all in place. He doesn't have a clue. Maybe I can just pick my boss? Or not have a boss? He did assure me that I still would have a job. That's good to know, cause I'm just not ready to retire yet.
Debb called. She's doing great. She was about to get Eva to run her to the grocery store so she could get the stuff to make lasagna for our lunch tomorrow. She is still planning on cooking for us. She was in a great mood and thanking God that we were on the phone together when her seizure happened. I'm truly thankful, too. I'm still so thankful for Kim being there. We make a great team.
I went to Chick-Fil-A and got a salad for lunch, but cancelled out the benefits by getting a cookies and cream shake. I overheard somebody talking about one yesterday and just got the worst craving for one. I decided not to torture myself for a long period of time and just go ahead and get one and get it over with. Well, it was fabulous, but it made me so sleepy all afternoon. I didn't think I would be able to work. Paul (works in the office with me) was good enough to go make a pot of coffee and bring me back a cup. That did help a little. I was very thankful for that. And appreciative of Paul making a pot of coffee to help me out. Today was his birthday; I should have been making coffee for him. But, I guess he has a servant's heart and God will reward him for that one day.
Daddy called to get me to call in a couple of prescriptions. I picked them up after work and carried them to him. We went to the Boot Store so he could get a couple of Western shirts. He can only wear shirts that snap in front. He has a real hard time buttoning shirts and cannot wear any that go over his head. Going to a Western store means you have to pay a premium price for them. Almost $70 for two shirts. That's not good for somebody who's on a fixed income. After I dropped the shirts off at his apartment, I took him to the VFW. He's in a 9-ball pool tournament tonight. Then, it was home sweet home.
As I pulled up into my driveway, a white Toyota pickup pulled up in the road behind me and stopped. The man motioned me over. I thought it was one of the guys I work with, but when I got up to the truck, it was a complete stranger. I didn't feel a check in my spirit, so I walked closer to the truck. He said "I followed you all the way up East Avenue and you don't have any brake lights. They never came on until you turned on your turn signal to turn down this road. My wife has a GM car like yours and she had the same problem. I checked it out and the brake lights worked. We took it in to be fixed and they could never find anything wrong with it. We finally found out that the little green box under the dash had a crack on the inside and it would cause the lights to work sporadically. I just wanted to let you know so you could check it out. Have a nice night." I thanked him and he drove away. Now, I understand why so many people have almost hit me in the rear when I've had to stop in front of them. I thought it was that they weren't paying attention. But, it was my car. I came inside and told Vance about it. At first, he kinda got upset that I would just walk out to the man's truck and talk to him. Then, he checked my car and had a change of heart. All but two of the bulbs were blown out. He said he was surprised that anything was working in the rear. He went and got some new bulbs and put them in for me. I'm so thankful that I didn't drive my car on the interstate when I went to Tallahassee this weekend. Somebody could have hit me in the rear when I was stopping for that accident. God really does look out for me. He prompts my husband (who I made mad the night before) to let me use his truck and then sends an angel to follow me for miles to keep somebody else from running into me and letting me know that I had a problem. Coincidence? I don't believe in it. No, God was in total control of this situation and I thank Him for everything He does for me. What a good God we serve!! Isn't He amazing? That He would love somebody like me and take the time to send somebody to help me out when I didn't even know I had a problem. I just can't thank Him enough.
Did I tell you that I'm a procrastinator? Oh, yeah. That's one of my really bad traits. Here it is almost Oct. 15 and I haven't gotten our taxes done yet. Fran gave me a TaxCut program to do my own. She assured me it was very easy to do. So, I got my stuff together (well, most of it anyway. I'm also a terrible organizer and I don't know where some of my deductions paperwork is hiding.), and I worked it up. I know I must have done something wrong cause we are getting back a lot more money than last year. So, I'm going to have to call Bruce tomorrow and carry the stuff to him and just file late. Pray that we don't have to pay any penalties. I wish I was better at keeping records. But with me, it's out of sight, out of mind. I'd have to tear my whole house apart to find all the receipts. Yes, I know. I'm supposed to put it in a file or box as soon as I get it. Well, I've tried that. It works for a couple of months, then I slide back into my old ways. I guess I just have too much on my mind to be able to deal with stuff I find trivial. If it's not a matter of life or death, I really can't handle it properly. I'm a caretaker, not an accountant. Just pray for me.
Now, it's time for me to get some sleep. Goodnight and God bless..............
Friday, October 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment