Yep, I went AWOL from work yesterday. Why let Vance have all the fun? Of course, going to the doctor couldn't exactly be called fun, could it? He had a 9:00 doctor's appointment and didn't get home until around noon. What good is an appointment if you still have to wait? I did a little work around the house. No, that wasn't fun either. We just don't know how to have fun anymore.
Today, it was back to work as usual. Except, I didn't know they had changed the safety meeting to today instead of tomorrow, so I missed it. And it would have been something that I was interested in - a demo of a camera with night vision capabilities. You know, infra-red - when you can take pictures in total darkness. That is something I would like to have. I think it would be fun to see what kind of pictures you could create.
Daddy called and I had to call in some prescriptions for him to pick up after work. Kim and I went shopping at lunch. We are having a 25th anniversary party for our Pastors Friday night and I needed something to wear. It's kinda dressy and I didn't have anything dressy that I could fit into. She had shopped all day yesterday for herself, so she knew the place to go that had the best deals. Penney's was having a 75% off sale, so that's where we went. I ended up with a pretty black and white pantsuit to wear Friday night and two outfits for church. Found one outfit for $4.97 but somebody has switched skirts and the one I tried on was way too small. And wouldn't you know, they didn't have another one like it anywhere. Now that I think about it, I should have gotten it and just wore the top with a black skirt. But, I didn't. Like they say "Hindsight is 20/20." We got a salad from Chick-Fil-A and went back to work.
After work, I went to the drugstore for Daddy and also to Winn-Dixie cause he wanted ice cream. He's hooked on Breyers Checkered Flag and Strawberry flavors. Had to get one of each, but it was buy one, get one free. Carried it to him and then took him to the VFW for some type of meeting. Headed home and opened the mail. My 3rd cousin sent me some old pictures of the Lightsey family. They are priceless. I will scan them into my computer in a few days.
Went to P&W practice. We're learning a new song and the musicians were having a little bit of trouble with it, but we finally got it. Right before we started to pray at the end of practice, the guys started talking about hair in their ears and had us almost rolling on the floor. I laughed so hard, I thought I was going to just melt into a puddle. But, laughter doeth good like a medicine the Bible says. It sure made me feel pretty good when I left there. I laughed out loud several times going home just thinking about what they said.
Got home and Vance was cooking supper - chicken and rice. Yum! I haven't had that in so long. It was so good. He went to bed and I stayed up and loaded some pictures that I had already scanned of the Lightsey's into my Picasa account. I need to get busy and scan some more. Now, I've got to print out a couple of pictures, so I'll close for now.
Goodnight and God bless...............
Wednesday, October 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment