Monday, October 01, 2007

Sleepy Sunday







Pictures of Fran and Gary's yard. Isn't it beautiful?



Yesterday, I went and sat with Fran so Gary could go to a FSU football game. I got there at 6:30 and Becky was blow-drying Fran's hair. Fran had taken a bath and was able to remove the collar for a little while. She said she is feeling so much better. She's not having to take pain pills, just a little Baby Motrin about once a day. We had a good visit. She wouldn't let me do much of anything. She said I was supposed to get some rest, too. I went outside for a few minutes trying to catch some butterflies on the flowers, but they had decided to leave the premises when I carried my camera out. I did take some great pictures of their backyard. Gary and Fran have a beautiful side and backyard full of flowers and water features. It is so peaceful out there. I would love to have a yard like theirs.

The preacher's wife, Sandy, brought food at lunch. She is real nice. I had seen her at Hope for the Heart the last two years, but never met her. She visited for awhile then she had to go open the church for a wedding. Her food was really good - lemon chicken over noodles, steamed veggies, rolls and fruit. Fran only ate the fruit. She wasn't very hungry.

Most of the day, I answered phone calls. One time I answered "Ruff residence." Thank goodness, it was Gail, our friend from Vidalia. Fran was asleep, so we talked for a good little while.

Becky came back around 2:00 and we all talked and shared what we had done. She was teaching a music leaders class in Pensacola for Emmaus walks. We ate a piece of cake and then I left to come home.

Vance was home and he'd grilled hamburgers. I ate one and watched a little TV and read a book for the rest of the night.

Today, I woke up exhausted. It was the same way I felt last Sunday - like I just couldn't get going. I forced myself to get up and get ready for church, but I was so tired. Went to church and we had a good time. I just love our Praise and Worship group. We get along so well together and flow with the music. It is just so awesome. Pastor Sammy preached and he was having such a good time. God is doing something new in him. He is so excited about the Word and the things God is doing in his life and the church.

I came home, ate and took a four hour nap. Told you I was exhausted! Now, it's time for me to get to bed. Goodnight and God bless..............

No comments: