My Pastors celebrated their 25th wedding anniversary this past week and we threw them a huge party Friday night. It was so much fun. They renewed their wedding vows and Pastor Sammy surprised Mrs. Sandi with a diamond and sapphire ring. It was beautiful. There was a huge wedding cake (several different flavors) and a DJ playing songs from the 50's, 60's and 70's. I absolutely loved the music. People danced and had a great time. Me, I only danced to the Twist and the Chicken Dance. I tried to do the Electric Slide, but I just don't know how to dance. Never had any experience and I think it's too late to learn. But, everybody else had a ball. Who says Christians don't have fun? We had a blast! And none of us had a hangover the next day, and we all remember what we did the night before.
Friday, work was so busy. Kim left at 11:00. We were scheduled to eat lunch with Debb and we both forgot, but Debb called me at 11:05 and I rushed over to her apartment. She had made lasgna, salad and a scrumptious cherry cheesecake. Kim called and I told her Debb was sending food back with me for her. That worked out great because Kim was bringing my pants that she had hemmed back to the office for me. I went back to work and Kim came and ate the lunch I brought her. I was very busy all afternoon, but remembered to call Marsha and ask if I could drop off my tax info after work. Bruce was at work so I couldn't reach him. I did leave a message telling him I was sorry that I was so late. I just pray that we don't have to pay.
After work, I headed home and got half-way there when I realized I had left the pants (that I was supposed to wear to the party) at the office and had gone right past Marsha's without dropping off the taxes. Forgetful? Stressed? Who, me? So, I turned around and made a bee-line back to work, got the pants and went to Marsha's to drop off the paperwork. I got home around 6:00, took a quick shower and got ready. Vance let me use his truck since I still don't have brake lights all the time. They work now and then. I left the house at 6:30 so I wouldn't be late. For once, I got there early. Found out that my Nikon camera is broken. Was planning on taking some film shots with it. The back won't stay closed and I didn't have any electrical tape of duct tape in my bag. I've got to remember to keep duct tape in my camera bag. I had to tape my Nikon for about two years before I got it fixed. Hey, it worked! That's one thing about my particular style Nikon - the back latch quits working. I read that a lot of professionals just tape up their camera. It costs $400 to replace the back, but I was able to get my fixed for about $35 and two weeks out of commission. Works for me. Since my Nikon wouldn't work, I used my Canon digital. The lighting in the place was horrible and I had a terrible time getting it adjusted. If I put it on automatic, the pictures were dark. So, Kyle set it on manual and set the ISO at 800. Well, that brought in light, but it blurred the picture if the person wasn't standing perfectly still. So, I really didn't get many good pictures. What I really need to invest in is a good flash attachment. That would solve my indoor lighting problems. The last flash I bought was a used one and it cost $400 and I wore it out. I just don't have that much extra cash lying around right now.
Yesterday, since I couldn't drive my car, I stayed home and cleaned house. I was wore out by the time Vance got home from playing golf. He took a nap and I went grocery shopping. We stayed up late watching the race.
Today, after church, I ate and took a nap. Vance went looking for bulbs to put in the middle brake light and had to go clear across town to find two bulbs. Only one worked, but I guess that's better than none. The mechanic that Vance took my car to this morning had to order a part. Hopefully, it will come in tomorrow and I won't have to drive much longer wondering if I have brake lights working when I stop. It's pretty scary.
Time for me to go to bed. Got to be at work tomorrow. It will be another very busy day.
Goodnight and God bless.................
Monday, October 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment