Friday, I got up still feeling dizzy, so I put out an e-mail for people to pray for me. I didn't want to be sick while we were out of town. Had to go back to the credit union for more money. Forgot about gas money and Vance didn't want me to use my debit card. We left around 10:15. Arrived in Biloxi at 2:45. The place has been cleaned up, but you can tell there was a lot of damage. All the little houses that were between the Gulf and the Bay are all gone. I wonder where all the people are. A lot of the casinos are still gone. We stayed at the Grand and the casino part is not near as big as it used to be. The room we stayed in was really nice. Vance went to the casino and I stayed in our room. I wasn't about to go wandering around on my own having those dizzy spells. Usually, I just take the truck and go shopping or driving around.
We went to Ocean Springs across the new Bay Bridge and I was surprised that a lot of the places had not been damaged. We couldn't go downtown because they were having some type of arts fair and it was blocked off, but from what I could see, the buildings were still standing. I was glad of that. We ate at the same Appleby's we always ate at.
After we ate, we headed to the Beau Rivage to see Willie Nelson. Couldn't find a place to park in the parking garage, so we parked in a vacant lot across the street. Vance was having a lot of trouble with his legs, so we had to keep stopping and letting him rest. The concert had already started when we got there. Willie is just Willie - still can't sing. He talks most of the time. The show was okay, but I've seen better. Still wish I could have gone to the Kenny G concert or the Winona concert. They would have put on a better show. But, I tell you one thing, Willie has a following and those people love him.
After the show, we went back to our motel. I went to the room and Vance went to the casino. He carried $50 to gamble with and didn't come back until he had lost it. I think he came back to the room around 2:00am. He would make a terrible gambler. He doesn't know when to stop. I don't know how much he would have won if he had stopped when he was ahead. I guess he just likes to play until he loses. Not my idea of a fun time. If I'm going to play, I want to win. I stayed in the room reading and then went to bed. I was almost asleep when he came in.
We got up around 8:30 Saturday and went looking for a place to eat breakfast. Went to the Waffle House in Ocean Springs and it was packed, so we headed out on I-10 and stopped in Pascagoula at Cracker Barrel. Vance didn't like the food, but I thought it was okay. I was hungry and didn't care that the grits was cold. He said all of his was cold. Saw a beautiful black Great Dane and petted it before I left. It was the tallest Great Dane I had ever seen. It's legs were about 4 feet tall. I've never seen one that tall before. Wish I had taken a picture of it.
I ended up sleeping all the way home. I would wake up every now and then, check to see where we were and fall back asleep. Still fighting dizziness, but only on my right side. If I bent my head back and looked up or tried to lay on my right side, the whole world started spinning. At least, I never got sick. We were held up for about 45 minutes on Hwy 77 as the Ironman Trialthetes were crossing the road on bikes. They held up traffic for miles. When we got home, I layed on the couch and slept the rest of the day. Tried to go to bed, but kept turning on my right side and getting dizzy, so I moved back to the couch to sleep.
Got up this morning, but couldn't stay awake long enough to get ready for church. I just felt like I needed to sleep. I slept on and off all day. Tried to go sleep in the bed, but kept turning on my right side. That's the side I like to sleep on, but I'm still getting dizzy. Guess I will spend another night on the couch. My back is hurting and I've got a headache from sleeping so much. I pray that this dizziness is gone tomorrow when I get up. Guess I'll try to get some more sleep.
Goodnight and God Bless............
Monday, November 05, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Mom, I wonder if you are having positional dizziness, if that isn't the crystals in your ear. They tested me for that when I was having dizzy spells.
You should go see a balance specialist, they can tell you in a few minutes of that's what it is.
I don't know if we have a balance specialist here. I'll ask my doctor.
Post a Comment